HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Efliernz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:55 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
962 Posts
Discussion
de Havilland Mosquito FB 26, Airshow

Down here in New Zealand, a small local company called "Avspecs NZ Ltd" http://www.warbirdrestoration.co.nz has restored a Canadian de Havilland Mosquito FB 26 to flying condition for Jerry Yagan, Virginia Beach.

The last Mosquito was lost 16 years ago in the UK. This is the first of several we hope will be restored. The fuselage mold has been created by an Auckland enthusiast, Glynn Powell.

It first flew last Thursday and a small airshow was put together Saturday 29th September 2012 at Ardmore Airport, Auckland, New Zealand.

Here is a my non-pro 10 minute video showing what most of us thought was pretty special! Also appearing for the first time was restored (and still in testing-hours) the Avro Anson.

Pete

KA114 DH Mosquito Launch - Ardmore Airshow, Auckland, NZ Sept 29 2012 (10 min 10 sec)
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:29 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Very nice movie. Great to see the Mossie flying again.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
602 Posts
Very nice, I visited the De Havilland Museum http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/ a few years ago and thought it would be cool to see one flying again.
I seem to remember they had the original moulds there, big lumps of concrete!
I could be wrong, it was a long time ago, I should go back its only an hour and a half away from me.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:42 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
386 Posts
Great video of the Mossie - there are several of us here building the BT 82" Mossie and have been following the restoration.

Rob
RobMason is online now Find More Posts by RobMason