SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:59 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I was using my HT 450 the phone is held on with zip ties its not going anywhere props and motors are very well balanced
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:02 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
The 2nd version of the ACCMOD just caused my quad to crash.
Back to stock 1.2 for me.
That sucks. Details?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:22 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,149 Posts
cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Don't do it. There is nothing special about phone cameras, phones are very heavy, expensive, and break easily. Use the right camera for the right job.

If you are too poor for a GoPro, then something like this will do the job better than an iPhone.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17200
Thanks for the adviced ! If i'll get a camera it's gonna be a GoPro ,nothing else gets my attention but the GoPro.I checked the link you gave ..just to see what you are talking 'bout but,the HD Wing got mix bags reviews...got several iphones laying around that's why I was thinking of just playing with it for now...until I get rich and get a GoPro.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x no servo tri project
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:26 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Thanks for the adviced ! If i'll get a camera it's gonna be a GoPro ,nothing else gets my attention but the GoPro.I checked the link you gave ..just to see what you are talking 'bout but,the HD Wing got mix bags reviews...got several iphones laying around that's why I was thinking of just playing with it for now...until I get rich and get a GoPro.
The iPhone I am using is broke but the cam works
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,149 Posts
Y6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
I will be using parts from a VC-550 frame (www.hoverthings.com) so once again the copter will be shaped like a 'T' with the controller up front. I really like the T-shape since it helps with orientation.
I already have collected all parts for my T6. I just need some time to build it. I'm gonna use NTM 1200kv motors and Turnigy 25A ESCs so I'll expect this copter to take off like a rocket.
got all the parts already ? C'mon man build it ! NTM are good bl motors I heard but ,I'll use the DT700 for now.I will be using a HK 20A...this should be fine.I checked www.hoverthings.com and seen alot of good stuff on their site...are you happy with hoverthings services ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:34 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I use hover things they are very good and make some nice frames and they back up what they sell
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,149 Posts
cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
The iPhone I am using is broke but the cam works
Ok Thanks ! the cam is what u need ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,396 Posts
Quote:
you can get the Gopro Naked for $129 now, I got the 960 which only shoots 720p and but seems from there site they only sell the naked 1080. I got the outdoor 960 which cam with the head strap which is awesome. I've had mine for awhile now and love it.
Only downfall is in low light/cloudy conditions. But its not that bad.
http//gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-naked-camera/?gclid=CLnC_fuI7rICFQqk4AodDWkA2Q#features

If you look around you may find the 960

FlameWheel Quad Run (8 min 43 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Oct 2010
2,149 Posts
Gopro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
you can get the Gopro Naked for $129 now, I got the 960 which only shoots 720p and but seems from there site they only sell the naked 1080. I got the outdoor 960 which cam with the head strap which is awesome. I've had mine for awhile now and love it.
http//gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-naked-camera/?gclid=CLnC_fuI7rICFQqk4AodDWkA2Q#features

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BUFMOkWouQ
Thanks brother ! I really was gonna get one ...until a major travel plan was made and my budget was re-directed....I'll get one soon...thanks for sharing your video...very cool !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
Thanks! i'll set up and test my frame later. hope it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
Limits speak to how much of the total power the frame gets to correct the deviation it feels. They can't be more than 100. Lower limits means power is used to correct the platform.
The high and low on the misc mixer for the servo speak to low=analog, high=digital. It's the refresh rate to the servo. Analog servo will wobble badly on high, potentially ruining your analog servo.
Filter on analog servo implements a low frequency filter that eliminates any servo wobble. If you have Servo wobble increase the filter setting.
I fly digital on high and a filter setting of 35-50.
H
tim2chia88 is offline Find More Posts by tim2chia88
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:45 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BUFMOkWouQ
Nice flying where do you get your props from
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:43 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,396 Posts
thanks, that was with my old KK v2 flashed with 4.7. But had Probs with the YAW. it would never hold. always drifted. Crazy thing is!! I learned how to fly like it. lol when i got the 2.0 the locking yaw was new to me. Not that i had to learn how to fly again but it sure was nice to not have to steer the Rudd 100% of the time.

The Props are form HK
cheap, very flexible and hard to brake. Only when i broke 2 arms in a crash did one brake

Note: the CW ones need to be balanced BIG time.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tate_2pc_.html

Cant wait to get my replacement arms from foxtech this week. also have the integrated PDB F450 from HK coming as well, so ill have 8 extra arms

This is before i flashed with the 1st acc mod FW
KK2.0 F450 Late night flying. (11 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:24 AM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
657 Posts
Quote:
Advance warning: gopro's site state no USPS shipping outside of US - due to li-ion battery policies. That leaves UPS & FedEx, so with UPS' brokerage fee extortion racket and FedEx shipping rates, it's worth shopping around for domestic sources.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
got all the parts already ? C'mon man build it ! NTM are good bl motors I heard but ,I'll use the DT700 for now.I will be using a HK 20A...this should be fine.I checked www.hoverthings.com and seen alot of good stuff on their site...are you happy with hoverthings services ?
Yes, HoverThings offer a very good service so I'm a happy customer. They messed up one of my orders once (i.e. sent me a wrong part), but this was handled very professionally and I received the correct part shortly after. I will order more parts from them soon.

The only problem with using a VC-550 frame for my build is the limited space inside the arms. I may have to attach the ESCs on the outside this time.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Apr 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Just go to the product page again, and press "add to cart" again. Do it until you have the required amount.
Seems they have fixed this loophole, I want to order two, I've broken my current two (at least the LCD is gone on both, can't be 100% sure the board is any good at this point although avrdude can flash and verify it, wasn't someone working on a mod software to be serial instead of LCD?)

Anyway, anyone figure out a currently working way to order more than one, these boards are way too fragile to simply order one at a time....

Andrew
dopplet is offline Find More Posts by dopplet