HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:59 PM
Germany, BW, Ludwigsburg
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Hi,

the problem with rotating magnetometer ist away.
The solution is, if the LED flashing, to turn the kopter in some directions.
It's easy when you know that.

heinerle07 is offline Find More Posts by heinerle07
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,504 Posts
Not sure what you mean...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:49 AM
Vancouver BC
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
multiwii mag

I have mpu6050 imu with HMC5883L slaved off it and get some flaky compass readings and variation after calibration in Multiwii 2.1 .When flying Yaw drifts and jumps around a bit.

When I load Megapirates Mag and Yaw are perfect and it flys great.
johnm1 is offline Find More Posts by johnm1
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:05 PM
Schweiz, BE, Münchenbuchsee
Joined Jun 2011
287 Posts
Divide et impera lipo buzzer not working

Hi
Anybody used the lipo alarm out with a buzzer? I have connected a buzzer to lipo alarm out, soldered jp 9 to 2-3 and divider to 3S.

Then i included the CAmPinPWM code and enabled VBAT. I see the voltage in the GUI and the LIPO LED on the board is also flashing like the hell

But the buzzer is quiet, no voltage on this pins....

Please anybode can help?

Thank's
Andy
Morphin is offline Find More Posts by Morphin
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
Deutschland, NDS, Braunschweig
Joined Mar 2011
135 Posts
Capacitor

Hi Paul,

I've had an incidence where my beloved copter fell like a brick lately. I think that the BEC of my ESC had some bad glitches that stopped the ATMEGA2560...that's what I've read in some forums...plz correct me if I'm wrong

Sooo now I've an extra BEC (14,8V ->5V) for the FC and want to add a capacitor for extra safety. Could you or somebody else please tell me which capacity it should have or if it's useful at all?
I don't wanna see this again^^

Thanks in advance,
Lapino
Lapino is online now Find More Posts by Lapino
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Max current draw from 3.3V regulator

Hi,

short question on the Flyduino Mega board: How much power / current can one draw from the onboard 3.3V regulator?

The background: I want to put a GPS as well as a WiFi module (besides the usual sensors) on my quad. However both devices require some power.

Thanks!
Daniel
dka23 is offline Find More Posts by dka23
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Mar 2011
135 Posts
Can I connect a 4s LiPo directly to the flyduino Mega? The reason I'm asking is the divergence between the first page of this thread where it's shown as possible but in the manual you (Paul) published it's stated only 2s-3s LiPo in...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Hi guys hel needed
Bought this bluetooth adapter http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...4&productname=
Connected to serial 1 and 3 , I able to connect it to my phone but no data is downloaded.
Tried to swap rx- tx with no luck.baud port is 115200
Have I to change something in multiwii code .
I make it work in previous multiwii version but i don't remember if changing code is needed

UPDATE

I am able to retrive data only from serial 0.
How can I use serial 1 or 3 ( on 2 I have GPS)
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Last edited by claustro; Aug 28, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:48 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Is this thread still alive?
Jagdwolf is offline Find More Posts by Jagdwolf
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2008
136 Posts
Claustro,

Bluetooth needs to be on serial 0/FTDI port from my experience.
Not sure if the other serial support RTS/CTS. Probably just VCC/RX/TX/GND.
Ie 6 pin vs 4 pin
shufflez is offline Find More Posts by shufflez
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Mar 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapino View Post
Can I connect a 4s LiPo directly to the flyduino Mega? The reason I'm asking is the divergence between the first page of this thread where it's shown as possible but in the manual you (Paul) published it's stated only 2s-3s LiPo in...
Lapino; for earlier HW versions was stated as possible, but I would strongly advice against this! You overload the onboard voltage regulators quite easily, causing brown-outs, overheating and thus failure of the board.

Why not use ESC BEC, or separate BEC for thrustworthy PSU? Use latter on all platforms of mine; last thing you want is over/undervolting the FC and sensors.
BEC combined with battery voltage protector is also great (just mount beeper far, far away from flight electronics ).

EDIT: Just read your earlier post regarding ESC BEC failure and addition of possible cap for safety.
Not too sure that would help much, a proper BEC should be able to easily supply all the voltage and amps necessary!
Now I understand your question regarding direct powering of the Flyduino via LiPo
But IMHO properly connected and secured separate BEC is the most reliable way to power any FC.
Last edited by shufflez; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Mar 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdwolf View Post
Is this thread still alive?
Let's revive it
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Mar 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm1 View Post
I have mpu6050 imu with HMC5883L slaved off it and get some flaky compass readings and variation after calibration in Multiwii 2.1 .When flying Yaw drifts and jumps around a bit.

When I load Megapirates Mag and Yaw are perfect and it flys great.
Hi John,

Doesn't sound like calibration nor MAG issue
Have you increase YAW P already for more yaw authority? You can have it quite high up from my experience. Drift correction would need higher P, slow 'jitters' should need I adjustment if I recall correctly. But no expert on PID-tuning, way to time consuming for my liking

How did you calibrate the MAG? Did you rotate it around all axis during the calibration (flashing status LED)? Was there no magnetic interference from laptop/pc/PSU/cellphone etc?

But I don't believe MWC uses MAG for yaw anyway, it utilizes the gyro's.
MAG can be enabled (via software or TX switch) to keep pointing front, or to fly 'headless'. Maybe Megapirates combines the gyro and mag readings, but I'm not sure.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Not sure what you mean...
When starting calibration of MAG the status LED on Flyduino boards start flashing. During this period, rotate the sensor/board/copter full 360 degrees around all 3-axis (X,Y,Z).

Do this as far away from interference (like computers, phones, speakers, display/tv, and other ferro-metal objects) as possible.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
135 Posts
Thank you shufflz
I've a separate switching BEC from hk. This should solve the heat issue but i hope it doesn't introduce much interference with the rc tx and video tx. My flyduino mega or at least one component near the cam servo supply is getting really hot after just a few seconds, even when powered from 5v (or 3.3v?) via USB...is that normal?

Thanks in advance