Apr 29, 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Motors are cheaper HERE

Props HERE

ASW28 HERE
Thanks heaps, that's the site I found a while ago. I'll save it this time. Never know when I'll need a replacement.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2016, 02:31 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarborofun
Hi Chris, I drilled a 4mm hole on each side of the wooden joiner and threaded one in each wing to match. Using 2 flat large head rippled plastic screws to fix the wings, only finger tight is enough. Easy and I won't lose them.

Then I plugged the JR connectors in and glued them into a unit, one on top of the other. CA for the receptacles and hot glue on the other side.

I haven't had to fish for wires or mixed up connectors yet. And I keep the screws always in the wings so I don't lose them.

Cheers

Tony
Thanks, do you have any pics? For my 2nd flight today I fitted keychain cam to the T tail and to the wing tip to check wing flex with stock wing before I tape it.

Volantex ASW28 on board cam (3 min 12 sec)

And also had a near miss with my mates home made glider:

Volantex ASW28 and home made rc glider near miss (0 min 25 sec)
Last edited by ChrisJ800; Apr 30, 2016 at 03:02 AM. Reason: 2nd vid added
Apr 30, 2016, 04:05 AM
absolutely maybe
Hi ChrisJ,

I really enjoyed both of your videos, did you use just an 808 style camera? the video quality is very good!

Regards
Ian
Apr 30, 2016, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistnbroke
Hi ChrisJ,

I really enjoyed both of your videos, did you use just an 808 style camera? the video quality is very good!

Regards
Ian
Yep just an 808 #16 with wide angle D lens. Dont get a fake though, check http://www.chucklohr.com/808/c16/ and https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1556994 for info and where to buy. Of course there are better full HD cams around but they tend to be heavier and so harder to mount where I mounted the 16.
Apr 30, 2016, 05:44 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I replaced my D lens with an A lens. Much better.
Apr 30, 2016, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
I replaced my D lens with an A lens. Much better.
Really, can I see footage preferably with camera on wing tip and top of T tail? I would have though D lens would have much wider focal range for sitting on a wing and wider FOV to get most of the wing in shot when on the tail? A lens may be better for other applications.
Apr 30, 2016, 09:58 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Thanks, do you have any pics? For my 2nd flight today I fitted keychain cam to the T tail and to the wing tip to check wing flex with stock wing before I tape it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnlhrqz39Ss

And also had a near miss with my mates home made glider:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzTcd-5mTxE
Thanks for posting Chris, and that really was a near miss!

Interestingly now I'm not overly concerned with the wing flex, I don't think the flex is all that bad considering the tight loops it was doing.
Now, once I've porked mine up a tad with fpv gear, might be a different story...
Apr 30, 2016, 04:18 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
Really, can I see footage preferably with camera on wing tip and top of T tail? I would have though D lens would have much wider focal range for sitting on a wing and wider FOV to get most of the wing in shot when on the tail? A lens may be better for other applications.
You get a much more natural picture with the A lens. There is no curvature and the field of view is more natural. I tried FPV with a D lens and couldn't judge the true distance to trees ground etc, in fact I had some near misses as things looked further away than they actually were. Then I tried the B lens. It was faulty and they replaced it and the next one was faulty as well. (they had a blur in the middle of the lens) So I got the A lens and wished I had it all along.
I used to like getting the plane in 'shot' but you soon get sick of that and just want mostly scenery rather than the plane. You know the plane is there, why do you need it in the video?
I did a lot of quad with gimbal videos and the last thing you want in the video is any part of the quad.
May 02, 2016, 07:21 AM

Should I?

I have a chance to purchase a slightly used one of these for $95. I'm going to skim this thread, but I wanted to see what the opinions are on this plane before sealing the deal. One of the biggest questions, Will it thermal? Should I purchase or let her go? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
May 02, 2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff
I have a chance to purchase a slightly used one of these for $95. I'm going to skim this thread, but I wanted to see what the opinions are on this plane before sealing the deal. One of the biggest questions, Will it thermal? Should I purchase or let her go? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I would not hesitate to buy this plane. It will thermal quite nicely IMHO. Just keep it light weight and ever so slightly tail heavy.

Terry
May 02, 2016, 03:46 PM
Lost that deal. Oh well, I really didn't need another plane anyway, or did I
May 02, 2016, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff
Lost that deal. Oh well, I really didn't need another plane anyway, or did I
Of course you do. You can never have too many planes.

Terry
May 04, 2016, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69

I'm running an 11x6 graupner prop on mine. At max pull it is drawing 18amps.

My ASW is stock (apart from the prop).
Do you have the Volantex 4023-850KV motor ? I like the low amp draw !!

Bille
May 04, 2016, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilleFly
Do you have the Volantex 4023-850KV motor ? I like the low amp draw !!

Bille
I wouldn't have a clue what motor is in it. Which ever motor the Hobbyking PNF version came with. LOL

According to the HK website, its a 4018 850kv
May 04, 2016, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69
I wouldn't have a clue what motor is in it. Which ever motor the Hobbyking PNF version came with. LOL

According to the HK website, its a 4018 850kv
And i got the ARF , (with NO motor) , so i wouldn't have a clue
either ; but i'm 100% cretin, i would NOT have laughed at You
for asking a question (.)

Quick Reply