|Mar 15, 2012, 10:47 PM|
For power I decided on the:
Wicked 4800KV Wemotec microfan combo
Pentium 40 amp ESC
1) added some wire to the ESC battery leads
2) mounted the fan unit, I moved it back about 1/4" to clear the wooden mounting blocks.
|Mar 17, 2012, 07:04 PM|
Got some more work today. This is a real easy build, not too much to show you really.
|Mar 17, 2012, 11:47 PM|
Last comments before the maiden:
1) the outlet is about 93% FSA of the wemo fan. If you want lees top speed but more thrust then leave the outlet as it is. For 80% FSA (what I always use) then you need to make a wedge cut that is 3/8" wide at the end. Then reglue to get the correct outlet sizce of ~37.6mm. Before gluing you can reforn the foam with your fingers so that it will be round when glued together instead of oval.
2) AUW is 19.3 ounces with a 4S 1320 lipo. That is about 350 watts per pound which is a nice number for these 50mm EDFs.
3) I used a razor and cut some of the foam hinge line to loosen up the ailerons and elevators to make the servo load a little less.
Next up is the maiden, hopefully tomorrow!
|Aug 23, 2013, 01:46 PM|
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined May 2013
Who is selling these little jets now? I bought one through NP a while back but they are out of stock and looks like they're not planning on getting any more.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Product||3/15/2012---NOW W/VIDEO!!!..Post #133..50mm Nitroplanes.com Exceed RC Mini X 26'' Jet||Kevin Greene||Foamy EDFs||355||May 22, 2013 05:54 AM|
|Build Log||Wicked Powered Banana Hobby Jpower 50mm AMX||The Don||Don's RC||199||Dec 19, 2012 09:19 PM|
|Discussion||Nitroplanes Exceed R/C Mini Concept X 50mm||alpea 41||Foamy EDFs||0||Mar 14, 2012 12:47 PM|
|New Product||A-RC Concept-X 50mm version||Slaanesh||Foamy EDFs||1||Jan 11, 2012 07:04 AM|
|Build Log||Wicked powered X-flight ARC Vector Exceed RC Concept X EDF||The Don||Don's RC||52||Jul 11, 2011 01:27 PM|