New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2015, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by hazylizard
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Question
new cyclops Tornado osd

It's my first osd so I have no experience with them but when I hook everything up (12v) the tornado seems to work, as in I can see the display. However, the artificial horizon doesn't respond to changes in pitch or roll. Even severe movements to the tornado unit gets practically no response to the artificial horizon. It does barely move somewhat but not as much as it should. The artificial horizon, compass and all the numeric displays also seem very jerky/ delayed like they only update position once a second or more . Also when using the keypad to enter the menu it seems very jerky/delayed just like the displays updating position once a second. I have to repeatedly press the button until the tornado "updates" itself before the cursor will move just one click.

When watching videos of the tornado osd it seems very fluid when displaying changes in pitch/roll, heading, and numeric readouts and when using the keypad it looks like one push moves the cursor once and not the delayed, jerkiness I seem to be experiencing with everything.

Did I receive a faulty unit with a bad gyro or gps?
hazylizard is offline Find More Posts by hazylizard
to remove ads between posts