HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:16 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,126 Posts
u mean a 3536, correct? but ya that combo will work. build light aft of the cg , and u may have to go to the 2650's , but i am guessing w/ the 2200's all the way forward u will make balance w/ no lead. dont worry about adding some weight in the form of reinforcement around the motor mount area , it will help w/ cg and the mad cow.

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
u mean a 3536, correct? but ya that combo will work. build light aft of the cg , and u may have to go to the 2650's , but i am guessing w/ the 2200's all the way forward u will make balance w/ no lead. dont worry about adding some weight in the form of reinforcement around the motor mount area , it will help w/ cg and the mad cow.

chuck.

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I meant 3536.

I 'glassed the motor mount of my Fun Cub and used Sotog's aluminum mount.

Plan to do the same on the AM.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:35 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
Here is the paint scheme! Let me know what you think!
Hi,

in my opinion i woult have take a more different sheme on top and bottom. I am always very lucky if i have different shemes for orientation.

All my planes i make from now on get the same scheme on the bottom so i dont have to think or get used to it, it will be always the same. Special on arobatic planes.

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:41 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
Re the servo buzzing - there is some friction or slight catching in the set up. Check carefully for this and fix it and the buzzing should go away.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuchadnezzar View Post
Re the servo buzzing - there is some friction or slight catching in the set up. Check carefully for this and fix it and the buzzing should go away.
Not to mention that the buzzing/double-centering is typical of the HS-81/82...great servo other than that. That's why I'll never use them on an elevator again.

And I agree 100% with the other poster--that scheme looks good but it's the same top and bottom. Might have serious orientation issues with it, especially if you're flying 3D or acrobatics or if it gets a ways out from you.
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:43 PM
The Crash King
United States, OH, Richfield
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
To be completely honest, ive never had centering issues with the Hs-81/82mg servos. I must have gotten a good batch!
RCDestroyer is offline Find More Posts by RCDestroyer
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:05 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
To be completely honest, ive never had centering issues with the Hs-81/82mg servos. I must have gotten a good batch!
I've had dozens of them--had a few that centered OK, but most were pretty lousy. Eventually, I converted most of them over to HS-85s which are much better IMO. I was really disappointed when the HS-82 was released without any significant improvements over the HS-81. Bang for the buck, the HS-81 could be the best servo that Hitec made if it centered better. Glad you've had good luck with yours!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:51 PM
The Crash King
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
I'm ready to maiden the plane tomarrow and was wondering if the CF spar is strong enough to handle half throttle split s's and sudden full elevator movement?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
Flyin brick
Joined Feb 2005
736 Posts
Quote:
I'm ready to maiden the plane tomarrow and was wondering if the CF spar is strong enough to handle half throttle split s's and sudden full elevator movement?
I've never had any problems with AM spars, contrary to EG one....
bobber is offline Find More Posts by bobber
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
folding prop

is anyone using a folding prop?if so what size.i have a e-flite 15(3548-950)and 11.1 2200.thnks in advance50amp esc
ratlm is offline Find More Posts by ratlm
Last edited by ratlm; Jul 04, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
103 Posts
landing gear

has anyone had any issues with the landing gear. I had a minimag and it was tough.

Thanks

Waverunner
Waverunner is offline Find More Posts by Waverunner
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:03 AM
The Crash King
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
has anyone had any issues with the landing gear. I had a minimag and it was tough.

Thanks

Waverunner
Ive flown mine a lot now and haven't had any issues with the gear. I just hotglued it on.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:09 PM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post

Thanks

Waverunner
I didn't like it, my landings were a bit rough when I first started flying it and I kept having prop strikes. Eventually swapped it out for a set from a wot 4 foam-e mounted it through the fuse and haven't looked back. I love it!
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2009
103 Posts
replacement screws for motor mount

I replaced my motor mount screws in the mini mag with socket head screws with the same thread count. I never had an issue with them backing out or coming lose.

Waverunner
Waverunner is offline Find More Posts by Waverunner
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
Hey guys,

does anybody have a paper template for the motor mount with dimensions or 1:1 scale that can be printed and fabricated accurately based on that? What would be the best material and thickness?

The motor decided to leave the ship and my plane never had the actual motor mount on
4446 is offline Find More Posts by 4446