SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
southern california
Joined Jul 2002
6 Posts
Discussion
Guardian and Fat Shark conflict

I have an FPV setup with a conflict between the Guardian and the FatShark Head tracking pan server. The pan servo is connected to channel 5 (gear channel) on the Spektrum AR8000 receiver. The gear switch on the DX9 activates the camera pan function. The Guardian is connected as recommended with the Mod lead connected to channel Aux 2 mapped to switch E on the DX9 (3 way switch). The Gain and Aux from the Guardian are not connected. The 3 way switch will change the Guardian from 2D to Off to 3D. However, and here’s the problem, when I switch to 2D the camera pans left. Switch to 3D and camera pans right. Switch to off and the camera centers. The Head Tracking pan function controlled by the FatShark Dominator goggles doesn’t work. The goggles are connected to the trainer jack on the transmitter.

This is a an intermittent problem. Sometimes everything works as it should. The 3 way switch doesn’t interfere with the pan function and the head tracker works perfectly. Other times it works as I described above.

I tried two different receivers to see if there was a problem there but it made no difference.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can suggest something to look into?

Thanks
chuckgaudette is offline Find More Posts by chuckgaudette
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 09:46 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
435 Posts
Hello,

You may want to create a new model in your TX and test again. It sounds like there is some type of mixing taking place that affects the 2 channels you are using.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor