HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2013, 02:16 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
689 Posts
Discussion
Kickstarter Power Up 3.0

Paper Airplane + iPhone = RC Simplicity!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...f=home_popular
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2014, 03:58 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
This is a cool looking project. So I went for it and jumped on the Kickstarter campaign. I just got it today and the packaging and contents are very professional and polished. So, here are the problems:

1. I got two modules and out-of-the-box, only one will connect to a cellphone. The other module is defective. So much for enjoying a dual flight with my son.

2. The bluetooth has a limited range. I mean, like 25 feet and it's out of range and headed for the ground. And, yes, the WIFI is off as recommended in the manual.

3. It flies like garbage. I've been flying R/C for a long time and this thing barely gets to 10-15 feet of altitude and it only wants to turn one way. The rudder control is useless.

Save your money. There's no way a beginner is going to enjoy this. It's very frustrating.
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old Aug 01, 2014, 04:08 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,793 Posts
given the size of the rudder i would imagine it makes slow turns. plus, a lot would depend on the dihedral of the wings. looks tail heavy but i suppose its meant to fly in no wind anyway.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Aug 16, 2014, 05:31 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,077 Posts
Got mine today. My initial test flights were hampered by some gentle gusts, but it did fly! I was flying in front of my house and did not get to test the range.

Cute idea.
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member