SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
59 Posts
New Product
Walkera QR W100S Android system quadcopter

hi Guys Walkera recently will release one Android system for QR W100S, it sounds that it is the same with the Iphone system before, but add the Android software , so most Android phone users will enjoy the WIFI funs by their phones.

Here the walkera link as belwos:

http://walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2548

anyone has interesting or ideas about this Android WIFI copter?
WXIA is offline Find More Posts by WXIA
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2013, 09:00 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, D & G
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WXIA View Post
hi Guys Walkera recently will release one Android system for QR W100S, it sounds that it is the same with the Iphone system before, but add the Android software , so most Android phone users will enjoy the WIFI funs by their phones.

Here the walkera link as belwos:

http://walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2548

anyone has interesting or ideas about this Android WIFI copter?
Just noticed this today, so we now have a W100S modified to work on Android.
The Android ver is priced on BG for $159 and the standard ver is $129.
If you buy the more expensive one it should work on the android Walkera app WK-Remote.
However another cheaper option is to buy the standard quad and get the new android app CT-Remote ($1.99) from the Amazon store. This app appears to allow full Android control of the standard W100S quad. The app at present has no video recording but this could be fixed on the next update

I bought CT-Remote for my Brushed Hoten-X, video is fine but cant get binding to lock yet. Another user who has the Brushless ver reports they have no problems apart from the mentioned video recording.
Hope this helps others...

Update: My CT-Remote problem was caused by using old firmware, updated Hoten-X to latest firmware and CT-Remote now binding fine controls and video ok. Retested WK-Remote and still not showing video and giving bind lock, so best android solution is currently CT-Remote.
jamiedg is offline Find More Posts by jamiedg
Last edited by jamiedg; Nov 01, 2013 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Update
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiedg View Post
Just noticed this today, so we now have a W100S modified to work on Android.
The Android ver is priced on BG for $159 and the standard ver is $129.
If you buy the more expensive one it should work on the android Walkera app WK-Remote.
However another cheaper option is to buy the standard quad and get the new android app CT-Remote ($1.99) from the Amazon store. This app appears to allow full Android control of the standard W100S quad. The app at present has no video recording but this could be fixed on the next update

I bought CT-Remote for my Brushed Hoten-X, video is fine but cant get binding to lock yet. Another user who has the Brushless ver reports they have no problems apart from the mentioned video recording.
Hope this helps others...

Update: My CT-Remote problem was caused by using old firmware, updated Hoten-X to latest firmware and CT-Remote now binding fine controls and video ok. Retested WK-Remote and still not showing video and giving bind lock, so best android solution is currently CT-Remote.
so this CT-Remote can fully applied for the QR W100S standard aplle version, if it is also need any other settings for this? sounds it is so great...
WXIA is offline Find More Posts by WXIA
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:58 PM
Joined Jul 2014
6 Posts
Just bought a Walkera W100s from http://www.tinydeal.com/walkera-qr-w...-p-133281.html Since it was relatively cheap.
For me it is a love/hate relationship with my Walkera W100s. The WIFI control and FPS has short range and you can loose control.
Once, I was about 5 yards in front of me and I lost control with my Android. I was at a hover slightly ascending at the moment. It just kept going up and up and up. Way over the trees. Fortunately it was not windy and when the battery ran out, it landed in my neighbor's yard. So, I bought a Devo 7. I it very controllable now and I love how it flies by sight, no FPV. I like the 10 to 12 minutes on a battery pack. I have had two motors fail but they are cheap to buy. The last couple of days it has started to twitch and flutter in the wind. I don't know what to do about that. I may have to try and adjust the gains or something.
RCquholics is offline Find More Posts by RCquholics