HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2014, 07:37 PM
Joined Sep 2006
404 Posts
Really exited to build this bike and waiting parts from Shapeways. Thanks BastelPeter.
deeh_46 is online now Find More Posts by deeh_46
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:56 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
The video above is from our last race here in Austria, at Kematen.
Due to Motor and ESC Issues I had to run a 5000kV Motor, which was way too slow on the straight. But since Rene crashed, I could take the win

So far I only tested the short and the long wheelbase.
The long wheelbase is nice to avoid Wheelies, but I feel it limits the cornerspeed too much.
Short wheelbase is very fast in the corners, but you need to be careful on the throttle.

For this weekend I shortened the chain to be able to use the middle wheelbase, I'm curious to see how that feels.
Mounted the 7800kv Motor and another ESC. If everything holds up well, Power should not be an issue
Can't wait to hit the track with Peter and the other guys!
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Aug 29, 2014, 07:55 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcfuzzi View Post
Video BP8 & ST8 RC-Bike Onroad Cup 2014_Kematen in Tirol/AUT - 3rd Final :

http://youtu.be/AeaGG9311OY

lg rene
Any pics of these bikes close up??
Kevin
Www.RCMCConline.com
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:33 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
The Blue-White one is mine, you can see it on Page 1
the yellow bike uses almost the same parts (we ordered the zh forks and wheels together)
The ST8 Bike is loosely based on the BP8, but is full aluminium and carbon, a little heavier, but seems to work equally well :-)
I 'll ask the designer/builder tomorrow if he wants to post here, or if I'm allowed to post details.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Aug 29, 2014, 01:41 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
I wonder "who" will be the first to "group" all these parts together for a KIT..... seems a bit of confusion on what parts fit who's design and the parts that DON'T work together concerning bearings and such.
Kev
www.RCMCConline.com
Old Aug 29, 2014, 01:42 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
I wonder "who" will be the first to "group" all these parts together for a KIT..... seems a bit of confusion on what parts fit who's design and the parts that DON'T work together concerning bearings and such.
Kev
www.RCMCConline.com

This seems like a job for www.2wheelhobbies.com BRUCE.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 05:48 AM
Joined Mar 2014
7 Posts
Hi,

yesterday i was testing again. I shorten the bars for max lean angle. With the Venom rider on his place, the rear tire was spinning free. No grip. Then i placed him on the pit towel and go on. Now it was possible to drive. Impressive how fast the BP goes around the corner. But i couldn´t finish a lap without a mistake
Only one lap was okay, a 14,50. The fastest lap i done this day.

Next try with new lipo and longer bars. Without a rider, the lap times were constant at 15,xx. Fastest 15,01 and it looks good. Then i fixed the rider. Now the bike was harder to drive, but the lap times go down. About 0,5 seconds . The best time was 14,60. This surpised me because it looks slower than before

The tires need at regular interwalls new additive. The grip lasts only 30 laps.

@Peter
I don´t know why you can´t see the pics. Now i changed the uploader, hope you can see it.

MfG
Stitch. is offline Find More Posts by Stitch.
Old Sep 01, 2014, 12:40 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
162 Posts
@Stich: that looks way better. I can see your pics now. Just a hint ,try Mr. Venolightman from Sweden. It is a very light self-made foam rider. looks brilliant and makes the bike much more agile. The original Venom rider is beautiful in detail, I know, but it is soooo heavy. 14.6 is impressive. Do you recall what we have been driving last winter?
@Kev: A complete Kit would be great. Gregor (http://rc-motorradshop.de/) and I are in discussion for Germany. If I will find the time, I will do a clear summary of the latest stage and post in my block here.

@Deeh_46: thanks for you feedback, that keeps me running.

Thanks
Peter
Bastelpeter is offline Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
Old Sep 08, 2014, 09:02 AM
Joined Sep 2006
404 Posts
Just got my parts...
deeh_46 is online now Find More Posts by deeh_46
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:43 PM
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Vid from the last race RC-Bike Onroad Cup 2014 in Austria/Aigen im Mühlkreis

20140830 4.Lauf RC-Bike Onroad Cup 2014_Aigen im Mühlkreis - Klasse 1:8 (2 min 28 sec)

rene
vcfuzzi is offline Find More Posts by vcfuzzi
Old Sep 08, 2014, 01:24 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
i'm really wanting to buy a "complete" kit to put together of this bp8. I (like a few others) am a little on the lazy side to go and look up everything to buy together to make this.

choosing from the Venom or ZH forks, bearings, drive train yada yada. :/