HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
It's just something new for the beast lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
It's just something new for the beast lol!


What I hear about it, its a great device for FBL if you do not need/want some bail out function as I do and want.
I thought that the beast has that already its much easier to set up your more bladed head.
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
I know what you mean about bail out. With all the time and hard work that go's into your models
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:27 AM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
SM gear in thew TT system have nothing damage report to us till now .more than 300 set go market .One commen is the new gear have a little tight when it is band new , but after some min fliight , it tight feeling will disappear , it happen is the plastic gear not 100% centering . so you will feel one spot(same position) a alittle tight every time .it mean the gear fit a little tight , but it better than it loose ! loose is very very dangerous .if you want to fit it perfect . you move the side frame (have a bevel gear that side ) . use a A-4 paper make a spacer . add between the the bearing board and the side frame . it let the bevel gear have a little space and you will feel very smooth .but you need careful the space too big (too loose)is high risk ! But i can tell you the gear set is same the Align matel gear box gear set , my factory just trim a little bit . you can exchange the gear by Align gear set . But i can tell guy the tight feeling when you turning .it is the gear not precision centering , but not a big mistake !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
SM gear in thew TT system have nothing damage report to us till now .more than 300 set go market .One commen is the new gear have a little tight when it is band new , but after some min fliight , it tight feeling will disappear , it happen is the plastic gear not 100% centering . so you will feel one spot(same position) a alittle tight every time .it mean the gear fit a little tight , but it better than it loose ! loose is very very dangerous .if you want to fit it perfect . you move the side frame (have a bevel gear that side ) . use a A-4 paper make a spacer . add between the the bearing board and the side frame . it let the bevel gear have a little space and you will feel very smooth .but you need careful the space too big (too loose)is high risk ! But i can tell you the gear set is same the Align matel gear box gear set , my factory just trim a little bit . you can exchange the gear by Align gear set . But i can tell guy the tight feeling when you turning .it is the gear not precision centering , but not a big mistake !
Kin, I understand you, but I have removed all screws and I am spinning the gear while it is not touching anything and I can feel the notches in the bearings. The bearings I have are not smooth. Like when your main shaft bearing goes bad, you can feel the notches in them when spinning it with your finger. It is the same feeling. If I had other bearings, I would change them out, but I do not.
These are definitely bad bearings. I hope rc aerodyne can swap this unit out for me. I have everything I need now to make this build. I'm very anxious.
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:45 AM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
im using it on my blackhawk, 12cell 6000 - turnigy 120a esc, 13t pinion, castle bec all wired up together, running a 4 blade head/tail, 1250rpm headspeed, and im only just cracking 25deg on the esc, and 30deg on the motor, and my flight time just from hover testing the battery was 14 minutes.
Hi Jay,

What batteries are you using? I assume you are using 2 x 6S 3000mah? What brand batteries? Thanks.

Patrick
CW4 is online now Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:35 PM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddertoast View Post
Kin, I understand you, but I have removed all screws and I am spinning the gear while it is not touching anything and I can feel the notches in the bearings. The bearings I have are not smooth. Like when your main shaft bearing goes bad, you can feel the notches in them when spinning it with your finger. It is the same feeling. If I had other bearings, I would change them out, but I do not.
These are definitely bad bearings. I hope rc aerodyne can swap this unit out for me. I have everything I need now to make this build. I'm very anxious.
ok ! i will upgrade the bearing soon !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Got my spin blades today



My blades finally arrived today. I ordered a set of 4 matte black 600mm for my Apache. My first thought was, "man, these things are narrow!" I was expecting them to be a bit wider chord-wise. I'm flying at 5,400 ft MSL, so I need all the lift I can get. Not sure how these will perform at altitude.

And then I began to exam them closely, and discovered one of the blades had a bubble on both sides.

Not sure what to do about that, but it's pretty disappointing.
CW4 is online now Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post


My blades finally arrived today. I ordered a set of 4 matte black 600mm for my Apache. My first thought was, "man, these things are narrow!" I was expecting them to be a bit wider chord-wise. I'm flying at 5,400 ft MSL, so I need all the lift I can get. Not sure how these will perform at altitude.

And then I began to exam them closely, and discovered one of the blades had a bubble on both sides.

Not sure what to do about that, but it's pretty disappointing.
Well that's not good...... I'd be a little disappointed as well. It's a pain in the but to do refunds from outside the country. I wouldn't fly them like that, Imagine if that thing blew up in the air..... you think heat from shipping would do that?
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:33 PM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Oh no way in hell I'm flying them. I sent an email to info@spinblades.com and explained everything and attached those pics. I guess we'll see how it goes.

This is becoming a pain. The left-hand tail control arm I ordered from microhelis.de showed up incomplete, so I am going to have to contact them as well...
CW4 is online now Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
Oh no way in hell I'm flying them. I sent an email to info@spinblades.com and explained everything and attached those pics. I guess we'll see how it goes.

This is becoming a pain. The left-hand tail control arm I ordered from microhelis.de showed up incomplete, so I am going to have to contact them as well...
oh great, mine is in the states now, should get it tomorrow. I hope it doesn't come incomplete. what are you missing?

I have been having a ruff ride on my build as well. But when it all gets done, (probably months from now) it better be worth it!
still cant get this head unit right, now with 3 main shaft bearing mounts, still a huge wobble.
will be ripping it apart again like I was advised and spinning her up with no grips to see what the hell is going on.
Have to send my tt raised tail kit back tomorrow to get replaced, hopefully without notched out bearings. I just finished cleaning up my wiring and mounting electrics of the frame. looks damn mean now.

I need to open my own hobby shop and get er done! lol
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
This is what my control arm was missing:

I was supposed to get 2 of those pieces, but only received 1.
CW4 is online now Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:56 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
This is what my control arm was missing:

I was supposed to get 2 of those pieces, but only received 1.
Hi the two carbon pins you have did I not use, because they are useless and a pain to assemble. I have used two m2 bolts an nuts for it and it works great and you are able to take it apart if needed.

I'm sure Microhelis will sort it out for you.



I have put the apache back togheter because the gears has arrived and it is running smoother than before the crash.
I intend to spool her up today and check the heat on all the gears.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
CW4
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Update --

Both spinblades and microhelis.de are making everything right.

Spinblades are sending me another set of blades today, and microhelis is sending me the missing piece. I absolutely LOVE good customer service, so hats off to Marc at spinblades and Suzanne at microhelis.

Jan -- that's interesting. My control arm came with 2mm bolts and nuts, no carbon pins. They must have read your mind and made the change.

I am eagerly awaiting your report back on the tail gear issue as I also have the SM tail set and really don't want to have to deal with stripped gears... Ugh.
CW4 is online now Find More Posts by CW4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:14 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
Update --

Both spinblades and microhelis.de are making everything right.

Spinblades are sending me another set of blades today, and microhelis is sending me the missing piece. I absolutely LOVE good customer service, so hats off to Marc at spinblades and Suzanne at microhelis.

Jan -- that's interesting. My control arm came with 2mm bolts and nuts, no carbon pins. They must have read your mind and made the change.

I am eagerly awaiting your report back on the tail gear issue as I also have the SM tail set and really don't want to have to deal with stripped gears... Ugh.
Thats good news but to be honest I expected it .

Regarding the gears the blown gear was not a part of the SM unit but from the align mechanics.
Never the less I want to know the eventual heat build up, if any?

Keep your guys posted

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Smartmodel Apache AH64 + T-Rex 600 ESP Hummerfresse Scale Helicopters 33 Feb 18, 2012 12:47 PM
For Sale SYMA S009G AH-64 Apache 3 Channel Indoor Helicopter with Gyroscope $25.00 Shipped! Hellihawk Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 06, 2011 03:13 AM
Discussion 1st Look: HeliArtist 500 Size AH-64 Apache Fuselage BlackTitanium Scale Helicopters 18 Jan 16, 2010 03:14 AM
Rant AirHogs Reflex AH-64 3ch vs. other AH-64 Apache 3ch Sandbox\Hangar Jay-viator Micro Ready-to-Fly 56 Feb 01, 2009 04:21 PM
Video AH-64 Apache 450 size darthdrk Electric Heli Talk 3 Aug 07, 2008 12:37 AM