HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Just been having a look at my mates mm the forks are fully stuck i tried to push them in but i did not want to use too much force in case it ruins the o-rings so i will have to do the fork service before he can even use it.

And Deegan is much firmer & feels tougher than vinnie.
That's normal TJ, yea Deegan is a lot tougher and firmer. Just back the fork caps off a little and give the forks a cycle. Use a bit of thread tape and leave them loose if you don't want to strip the forks.
I pulled mine out and swapped with my old ones after the first couple of runs as it had no fork action. I have since done the new forks up and are now fully bedded in.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:28 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
Looks like my stock steering servo is getting the jitters and behaving irradict. This may sound silly but if the power wires going to the motor are close to servo wires, could that cause interferance? Im not at home to see if this is case yet. Im sure its just the servo failing. Any recommendations for replacement? Metal gears of course, but a certain torque or speed? I dont want to spend a lot either lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Nov 07, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Looks like my stock steering servo is getting the jitters and behaving irradict. This may sound silly but if the power wires going to the motor are close to servo wires, could that cause interferance? Im not at home to see if this is case yet. Im sure its just the servo failing. Any recommendations for replacement? Metal gears of course, but a certain torque or speed? I dont want to spend a lot either lol.
Sorry to hear about your problem, in one bike I use a cheap metal geared futaba servo. Not sure of the number. It has a transit speed of about .20 sec. Cost me about $40 at the LHS.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:46 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Just ordered my e-gyro kit, it only cost $35 shipping from Atomik
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:35 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Double check your servo mount screws and your servo horn screw. Both of mine were so loose that the servo was about to fall out, and I've run less than 4 packs through my VMX since new! My servo horn is wasted because of the slop.
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:49 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
Right on Throttle, wow, you been busy selling stuff lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem, in one bike I use a cheap metal geared futaba servo. Not sure of the number. It has a transit speed of about .20 sec. Cost me about $40 at the LHS.
This is just my bike's way of throwing a tantrum and showing me it didnt like being ignored lol. Go figure I was just trying to get my second battery going during lunch. Hmm, I have a towerhobbies mg servo in my dx450 I might rip out for now. Oh well, better now on the bench then when going full throttle.

Thanks Mark, I'll check it out.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:32 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Hopefully it won't do the around the world trip eh .
Did the anodising striping and started to polish on the triple clamps, they come up pretty nice all right TJ, thanks for the tips.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:33 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
congrats,it so happens i just ordered mine also frm atomik to south oz...im guessing you were happy or being sarcastic about the $35 bucks ship...man the unit cost as you know@ $144.00 wich seems a bit pricey for the gyro kit( but it says you get a complete rim tyre ect)..... ,and then slug $30-40 bucks ship.... @rnd$180.......free ship would of been sweeter,but then i guess they just put the unit cost up to cover it,i did consider getting a mm 450 ,keeping vmx for spares.......naaa im just gona flog the life out of my vmx with a egyro first........hay anyone out ther after a vmx 450 in around 6mnths time runs like new lady ower never thrashed, modded, crashed....well not much...lol..
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:45 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Hopefully it won't do the around the world trip eh .
Did the anodising striping and started to polish on the triple clamps, they come up pretty nice all right TJ, thanks for the tips.
I got it shipped by fedx priority & it was only $35 does that sound right? the strange thing is i paid via paypal the cash is gone out of my paypal account but it says payment status is pending do they have to accept the order before it is completed
The polished triples do look good i like the way they look on the gold forks, nice.
I had a go of my mates mm after loosening the fork caps to get the forks working thanks Chris & then waiting for the battery to charge man the charger that comes with the bike is so slow about 4 hours to charge a 3200 but anyway i must say i am impressed how good the bike is very easy to drive straight out of the box & my mate loves it.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:57 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
congrats,it so happens i just ordered mine also frm atomik to south oz...im guessing you were happy or being sarcastic about the $35 bucks ship...man the unit cost as you know@ $144.00 wich seems a bit pricey for the gyro kit( but it says you get a complete rim tyre ect)..... ,and then slug $30-40 bucks ship.... @rnd$180.......free ship would of been sweeter,but then i guess they just put the unit cost up to cover it,i did consider getting a mm 450 ,keeping vmx for spares.......naaa im just gona flog the life out of my vmx with a egyro first........hay anyone out ther after a vmx 450 in around 6mnths time runs like new lady ower never thrashed, modded, crashed....well not much...lol..
I wasn't being sarcastic lol, i think $35 is not too bad for shipping & with the new tyre & sprocket included makes the kit price better, i was going to get an mm at first but got a slightly used vmx roller once you put the e-gyro in & change the rider you will have an mm
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
I got it shipped by fedx priority & it was only $35 does that sound right? the strange thing is i paid via paypal the cash is gone out of my paypal account but it says payment status is pending do they have to accept the order before it is completed
The polished triples do look good i like the way they look on the gold forks, nice.
I had a go of my mates mm after loosening the fork caps to get the forks working thanks Chris & then waiting for the battery to charge man the charger that comes with the bike is so slow about 4 hours to charge a 3200 but anyway i must say i am impressed how good the bike is very easy to drive straight out of the box & my mate loves it.
Wow TJ that sounds awesome. To me up in Qld it says $40 for the Snail mail and $60 ish for priority paid. I guess you'll have yours up and running soon . Be careful using the battery as the connectors squeeze the speedo plugs too tight and then when used with the correct ec3 plugs can cut out. Glad you and your mate enjoyed the bike. You might want to make up a wheelie bar for them and shoe goo the rear guard. Demoed my bike today and could have sold 2 in 5 mins.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:20 AM
LOTS of R/C's
Canada, AB, Stettler
Joined Oct 2011
46 Posts
I now have a brand new MM 450 which arrived today. The problem is, I also have a VMX with plenty of upgrades and a new E-Gyro kit sitting here also. How is the VMX with the E-Gyro installed? I have read that the 4800kv motor is a bit too much for it. The MM 450 is still sitting in my shop untouched, so I am considering putting the E-gyro in my VMX and leaving the new MM on the shelf for sale.
TERRA NOVA is offline Find More Posts by TERRA NOVA
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA View Post
I now have a brand new MM 450 which arrived today. The problem is, I also have a VMX with plenty of upgrades and a new E-Gyro kit sitting here also. How is the VMX with the E-Gyro installed? I have read that the 4800kv motor is a bit too much for it. The MM 450 is still sitting in my shop untouched, so I am considering putting the E-gyro in my VMX and leaving the new MM on the shelf for sale.
If you want a power monster go the VMX way, if you want something with practical power and good drivability go for the MM. You can always buy a 4200kv motor as well and sell the MM. I'm using a 5200 kv Tenshock motor which seems to be more drivable than the 4800kv Venom motor. Always options.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:02 AM
LOTS of R/C's
Canada, AB, Stettler
Joined Oct 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
If you want a power monster go the VMX way, if you want something with practical power and good drivability go for the MM. You can always buy a 4200kv motor as well and sell the MM. I'm using a 5200 kv Tenshock motor which seems to be more drivable than the 4800kv Venom motor. Always options.
I don't know what to do. maybe I will keep both. My kid and I could go racing bikes, since nobody else within 200 miles of me has one. I have a pile of parts here, so that won't be a problem.
TERRA NOVA is offline Find More Posts by TERRA NOVA
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:10 AM
Keep RC-ing!
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
Just ordered the e gyro kit for the vmx450 too.... Now looking forward to the arrival if the kit...
boolean21 is offline Find More Posts by boolean21