HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:05 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,532 Posts
Well it had to happen some time . I have been flying my quicky 5oo around fro about 3 yrs now without any incident. today was on the fith flight of the day my led battery checker that I have on the side said the Rx had full power available in the 2 cell 700mah battery ( WRONG)
was about eight mnutes into the flight on base coming in to land when I lost all controll lucky i was only at idle. Last i saw wos my plane heading down behinnd the gumtree scrub out over the boundy of our flying field. I fully expected to need a bag to puck up the bits as even if it went into the trees it would be broken as the branches are hard and if it got stuck up heigh it would get damaged getting it to the ground. after agout ten minutes searching I saw a flast of fluro orange the under wing colour in a bush. When I got closer i could see the whole plane wedged into a huge fine leafy bush the plane was inverted on a 45 dg angle . The only damage was a gouge out of the wingtip and the fin-rudder will have to be glued back on . A verry lucky escape would have taken pictures if had phone will atatch damage pictures before I start the reapir
Desert flier is offline Find More Posts by Desert flier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:04 AM
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
Good fun here. My scratch built 73" combat B17 earned its nickname "Flying Fortress" by taking a hit to the left wing taking roughly a foot off of it and rendering the left aileron useless. Unbelievable as it may be to believe, she actually kept flying.

1947–1967 Pratt & Whitney Turbo Prop Config
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hover conversion