SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:12 PM
United States, OR, Philomath
Joined Mar 2014
44 Posts
Discussion
ESC won't power motor

Hey guys! I recently got two hobbyking speed controllers, (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html)
And hooked them up to my scratch built plane with a "Y" lead. when I first hooked them up with my Turnigy 9X, everything worked fine. I configured them without any problems and the motors spun up nice.
But I just recently am trying to fly the plane, and when I power the ESCs up, the motor beeps like it is armed, but when I try to throttle up nothing happens. I hooked a servo up to the throttle channel and it worked fine.
Another thing I noticed is that if I start it up with the throttle on full, It makes a continuous beeping, and I cant turn it off even by putting the throttle back a 0%

BTW, I am using a 72mhz Futaba radio now.

Thanks guys!
Zoxks is offline Find More Posts by Zoxks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:20 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
11,060 Posts
With a Futaba TX you generally need to reverse the throttle channel.

And starting with throttle up high will put many ESCs into programming mode. If you hadn't reversed the throttle you may have done that initially and got stuck in that mode. You may be part way through programming it. I can't tell if yours works that way because there's no manual on that page.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:42 PM
Joined Mar 2014
44 Posts
I did check the reversing. Its all good there
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
Joined Mar 2014
44 Posts
How do you reset the programming? I want to give that a shot.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2014
44 Posts
So I plugged it into my other receiver and it worked. any Idea why it wouldn't work with my futaba system? Thanks!