SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2015, 06:20 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
901 Posts
Here is some sample video. I had smooth video on previous gimbal, but had terrible horizon drift. That is why I got a replacement unit which now have pan shaking and still horizon drift, which I won't even mention.

http://youtu.be/hTRR6oJ01ZI
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 04:36 AM
Joined Nov 2012
180 Posts
I see your video, and yes you have shake on PAN axis check the dead GAP on pan.
Compare with this on 2:06 .

DJI Zenmuse BMPCC last firmware is bad. (2 min 55 sec)

And here is my GH4 with all last firmware, all works ok. exept the mode switching (for rezet the gimball FPV mode some times need 2-3 attemps )

DJI-ZENMUSE GH4 with all last firmware . (1 min 52 sec)

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Feb 10, 2015, 04:33 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89ragtopgt View Post
I think the manual has an error, S-Bus/PPM Channel 3 for AUX 2 not 9.
I just set mine up the other day and spent a lot of wasted time trying to follow the "instructions" I think it should be 3 not 9. test that and reply back. I will check the tilt but i think mine as you have stated not 360 degrees.
Mine buzzes and grinds a bit. I want to send it in for calibration and have emailed DJI in north america twice in the last 2 weeks and no reply....
make sure the lens thumb screw is tight.
Thank you for your info! Yes, indeed it was on ch 3! (Wt*?!..)
I'm really happy about this, because now I can control FPV mode direction forward and downward. So problem 2 and 3 are solved.

Now that I have also connected the Video TX, I could see what the HDMI button did. Totally useless I think (unless I miss something?).
When it's ON, it shows the camera image in the receiver monitor and the light on the bottom is steady green.
When it's off, it doesn't and the light on the bottom blinks red.
Either way, in both cases (ON or OFF) I can still see the info on the camera display and can change settings etc.
So that solves problem 5.
Squawk is offline Find More Posts by Squawk
Old Feb 10, 2015, 04:36 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
588 Posts
Now.. who is gonna help me out with 'problem' 1 ?

Is the Zenmuse Z15 GH3 supposed to be ablte to tilt 360 degrees or not (with it's latest firmware and all)?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:09 AM
Broadcast Engineer
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
232 Posts
Nope
DJI Zenmuse GH3 with Panasonic GH4 (0 min 53 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post

Is the Zenmuse Z15 GH3 supposed to be ablte to tilt 360 degrees or not (with it's latest firmware and all)?
89ragtopgt is offline Find More Posts by 89ragtopgt
Old Feb 11, 2015, 03:45 AM
Joined Nov 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post

The Zenmuse GH3 lost the tilt 360 degrees after update with last 2 firmware and control change to +50 and -140 on tilt axis .

Christian
Old Feb 11, 2015, 03:10 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
588 Posts
Ah, ok.. Thank you both!
Also for the vid! Is that background noise the grinding you were talking about?
I think mine is a bit similar, but when I roll and/or tilt my multirotor and the zenmuse compensates for that, is when it makes a really loud squeeking noise.
It doesn't do that when I control the pan, tilt or roll of the zenmuse.

So, 'problem' 1 solved as well.
Unfortunately I will still have to send it back for the squeeking noise.. :-(
Old Feb 13, 2015, 03:03 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
11,907 Posts
DJI LA Service Center

Note that the DJI LA Center will be closed on Friday February 13th for system upgrades and the 16th for Presidents day. All services other than our call center will be available on the 13th.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 13, 2015, 01:54 PM
Academy of Model Aeronautics
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined May 2014
175 Posts
GH3 GCU V2.4 update failure

Here is a video documenting the update for the gimbal from V1.4 to V2.4 and the failure. I have been in contact with DJI on their community forum and also posted this video, but it seems they are unable to replicate the issue. I know theres a bunch of you that have this problem.
DJI Z15 GH3 upgrade failure (1 min 55 sec)
1Placerville is offline Find More Posts by 1Placerville
Old Feb 13, 2015, 02:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Hamilton East
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Placerville View Post
Here is a video documenting the update for the gimbal from V1.4 to V2.4 and the failure. I have been in contact with DJI on their community forum and also posted this video, but it seems they are unable to replicate the issue. I know theres a bunch of you that have this problem.
http://youtu.be/dinkP0wTNyA
You need a RC Channel connected to AUX1. That channel needs to be in Off position on the Z15 application. The AUX1 is for HDMI-AV conversion so there should be a channel connected to it . If you do that your video out will work fine on firmware 2.4
sarwatch is offline Find More Posts by sarwatch
Old Feb 13, 2015, 05:38 PM
Academy of Model Aeronautics
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined May 2014
175 Posts
I cant tell you how long I've screwed with this...AUX 1 was mapped to the Aperture switch which meant ON. When I tried to reverse it of course I got OFF but no video. Heres where the problem was and I hope someone else can use it. In Lightbridge, it had Aperture and "Trace, High" etc mode in reversed channels than what was showing in the Zenmuse assistant...took me a few to figure it out but after changing the channels and reassigning the switches, WELLA! 2.4 is showing video...I dont know if you ever make it out to the west coast of California but I owe you a steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwatch View Post
You need a RC Channel connected to AUX1. That channel needs to be in Off position on the Z15 application. The AUX1 is for HDMI-AV conversion so there should be a channel connected to it . If you do that your video out will work fine on firmware 2.4
1Placerville is offline Find More Posts by 1Placerville
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
180 Posts
Here is our last work, from minutes 43:40.
Out Here: A documentary about the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis .
Productions : AVION FILMS
Directed by : Thomas Kiaos
Customer : Stavros Niarchos Foundation

Out Here: A documentary about the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis (50 min 58 sec)

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
901 Posts
Anyone interested in brand new GH2 Zenmuse?
I add Secraft adapter to fit GH4.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo