SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:45 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
Way I see it, CA sets pretty quick anyway, so why bother making the join less reliable for the sake of 30 seconds?
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:05 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2013
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Way I see it, CA sets pretty quick anyway, so why bother making the join less reliable for the sake of 30 seconds?
In a tight fit it does but if you want to build it up around a join or somewhere where it's not in a narrow gap then a bit of kicker helps. But yeah, totally no point using it in a normal join. I'd never been sure that it did make it more brittle until I started looking into it but apparently so.
CelloGuy is online now Find More Posts by CelloGuy
Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:08 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelloGuy View Post
In a tight fit it does but if you want to build it up around a join or somewhere where it's not in a narrow gap then a bit of kicker helps. But yeah, totally no point using it in a normal join. I'd never been sure that it did make it more brittle until I started looking into it but apparently so.
Should make any difference if you use the correct CA for the job with the correct kicker.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jan 28, 2015, 04:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2013
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Should make any difference if you use the correct CA for the job with the correct kicker.
The type of kicker makes a difference to how brittle the join is?
CelloGuy is online now Find More Posts by CelloGuy
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:37 PM
Where air meets Earth is Hard
Joined Feb 2012
12 Posts
Flew Blaze yesterday with 1/2 pound of ballast. Flew nicely. Just another test flight.

The weather here is still stable. Found some very weak lift with the BFG 2600. My wife flew it around for about 20 min and I played with it a bit. Probably could have stayed up for hours if one had enough patients and focus to work the weak lift. I do not.

Lift was way to weak for the blaze, + I had lead in it, so no point in even trying.

With 1/2 pound the Blaze speeds up a bit and retains its energy better. Landing was not that fast. The 1/2 pound and 1 pound weights will be what I use on the ridge depending on wind. Landing was a handful with 1 pound but if I had a head wind it should not be a problem.

I still wish I could get more speed from it. No doubt it will be nice on the ridge, but it really is just a warmliner. That comes with the deal when you fly with foam! I am considering looking for a second set of wings and vac bagging them. With a little prep work they could become a hot little wing, and remain tough. Just another project to float around inside the empty space!
Bsharp6669 is offline Find More Posts by Bsharp6669
Old Feb 01, 2015, 05:58 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsharp6669 View Post
Flew Blaze yesterday with 1/2 pound of ballast. Flew nicely. Just another test flight.

The weather here is still stable. Found some very weak lift with the BFG 2600. My wife flew it around for about 20 min and I played with it a bit. Probably could have stayed up for hours if one had enough patients and focus to work the weak lift. I do not.

Lift was way to weak for the blaze, + I had lead in it, so no point in even trying.

With 1/2 pound the Blaze speeds up a bit and retains its energy better. Landing was not that fast. The 1/2 pound and 1 pound weights will be what I use on the ridge depending on wind. Landing was a handful with 1 pound but if I had a head wind it should not be a problem.

I still wish I could get more speed from it. No doubt it will be nice on the ridge, but it really is just a warmliner. That comes with the deal when you fly with foam! I am considering looking for a second set of wings and vac bagging them. With a little prep work they could become a hot little wing, and remain tough. Just another project to float around inside the empty space!
The MPX Blizzard is very hot and made of foam. So there's no hard and fast 'deal' with foam.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2015, 06:25 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
not to mention the radjet etc
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Feb 01, 2015, 07:11 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
not to mention the radjet etc
...and the funjet
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2015, 02:28 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2009
516 Posts
anyone has a spare ST Model Blaze or Durafly Dynamic S fuse, mine just lost a battle with rock solid ice during the weekend. PM me please
bigtruck169 is offline Find More Posts by bigtruck169
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: boat basic
Old Feb 11, 2015, 09:09 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,443 Posts
I have the entire blaze in pristine condition (3flights) w/orange rx for sale.It just hangs in my hobby room collection dust. PM if interested.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Feb 12, 2015, 02:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2009
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
I have the entire blaze in pristine condition (3flights) w/orange rx for sale.It just hangs in my hobby room collection dust. PM if interested.
send u pm
bigtruck169 is offline Find More Posts by bigtruck169
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: boat basic
Old Feb 12, 2015, 08:20 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
1,443 Posts
blaze

Here are a few pic, i have more if you like.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 08:23 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
1,443 Posts
Also has a few thin layers of mod podge material to protect the foam.