SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 03:44 AM
Find More Posts by lppierre
Joined Apr 2015
35 Posts
Redzed9, my thoughts are that there was an control module for the rear retract as well as the geared motor.That's why I'm thinking the HK retract may be the answer as it appears to have the electronics to control the motor at extremes and automatically reverse the direction as needed.jmho This may be the servo to use.about 19 g.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1pc_18_8g.html

cheers
lpp
lppierre is online now Find More Posts by lppierre
Last edited by lppierre; Today at 03:49 AM. Reason: forgot link
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:29 AM
Find More Posts by Redzed9
So where does this bit go???
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined May 2011
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lppierre View Post
Redzed9, my thoughts are that there was an control module for the rear retract as well as the geared motor.That's why I'm thinking the HK retract may be the answer as it appears to have the electronics to control the motor at extremes and automatically reverse the direction as needed.jmho This may be the servo to use.about 19 g.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1pc_18_8g.html

cheers
lpp
Hi Ipp,

No module in the HK supplied plane. RCInformer video showed a wing module as well so it appears the HK one is a stripped down version.

The HK main landing gear is just a "normal" retract but looks nice and "Beefy" So no module required here, but on the tail retract drive when testing on a servo tester the motor just drives until it's forced to stop due to no more travel as no limit switch on this which concerns me a bit re load on the electrics?

Not sure if I should use this??

Hi Ipp, the HK link you posted above does not work?? Can you confirm link or give description to enable search please??
Redzed9 is online now Find More Posts by Redzed9
Last edited by Redzed9; Today at 04:50 AM. Reason: Link request
Old Today, 04:49 AM
Find More Posts by lppierre
Joined Apr 2015
35 Posts
Hopefully symowallo will buy one of the HK retracts pull it apart send pics so we can see whether we can use the electronics from it to drive the geared motor lol

I suspect that the HK retract uses an jackshaft system. But we will soon know when symo sends the pics;-)

Cheers
lpp
lppierre is online now Find More Posts by lppierre