New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2015, 06:07 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
9,093 Posts
Rob great to see you back at it , beutiful work !! Love the choice and in fact I have virtually the same pattern on my LX P40 in the Bananha Hobby P40 thread.
I am finishing another 79" LX P40 same color scheme as you, I just gave it a dusting with mustard tan from a distance to dirty up the bird lol,
Looking forward to seeing your progress
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by handyman 220
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
712 Posts
Just bought the P-40 in the camo colors from Killer Planes. Always wanted one but they were discontinued before I could buy it. Even with the short falls it is still nice looking plane.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old May 08, 2015, 08:48 PM
Find More Posts by Rob Knox
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Rob great to see you back at it , beutiful work !! Love the choice and in fact I have virtually the same pattern on my LX P40 in the Bananha Hobby P40 thread.
I am finishing another 79" LX P40 same color scheme as you, I just gave it a dusting with mustard tan from a distance to dirty up the bird lol,
Looking forward to seeing your progress
G'day Lou.

I've had a very interesting, albeit not ideal, year.
I won't go into detail, but it has been a bit rough.

It's good to be back into the hobby room and customising again.

This subject, SQN LDR John Jackson, is an important one for Australia and the US.
It was John and his 75 SQN boys (which included his younger brother Les) who held the line for the crucial months between March and May 1942. If it hadn't been for them, the Japs would have taken Port Moresby, and possibly started bombing Cairns and Townsville, and possibly have launched an invasion of Australia.
Historians believe that it would not have altered the outcome of the war, but it would have extended it for a few years, and made life very uncomfortable for Australians. Not to mention the additional cost in lives which would have resulted.

Thanks to these great electric foamy warbirds, guys like John Jackson can fly again in spirit.

This is a good documentary on the importance of 75 SQNs contribution to that period in history.
Video from the Past [13] - No. 75 Squadron's Defence of Port Moresby (58 min 5 sec)
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
Old May 08, 2015, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
United States, MN, Stillwater
Joined Jan 2011
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
With FMS updating the P-51 to version 8 and the P-40 still hanging around at version 3, is this still a good model to consider buying in the 1400mm series?

Not many vendors carry it or the parts. Would it be better to wait to see if FMS or some other manufacturer come out with the next generation of P-40?

Ron
Actually there is a new P-40 from FMS on the way. It will be a 1400mm P-40B based on a mold similar to the new 980mm P-40B. Should be worth waiting for compared to the current generation FMS P-40s. Thread link is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2341317
F106DeltaDart is online now Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
Old May 09, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,234 Posts
Welcome back Rob. Sorry to hear about your rough year. Look forward to seeing some more of your custom works of art.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old May 09, 2015, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
Actually there is a new P-40 from FMS on the way. It will be a 1400mm P-40B based on a mold similar to the new 980mm P-40B. Should be worth waiting for compared to the current generation FMS P-40s. Thread link is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2341317
They haven't even made the molds yet according to diamond which is the one who originally reported this model. Now they are saying 12/15 at the earliest. I'm putting this one in the I'll believe it when I see it category.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe