SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:11 PM
GordySoar@aol.com
n/a Posts
"John Derstine is not in Aruba"

It is amazing how easy it is for somewhere disappear...without trying...
even in the USA.
If you think about it, lets say he was heading to a soaring event. He would
have sailplanes with him, he would have gotten gas because something big
enough to carry scale planes would suck gas, so good chance he would have used a
credit card. If he had cell phone, they can be located by the phone company
via GPS

Hopefully he is in a motel on a building binge...it happens :-)

I am kind of wondering why we haven't gotten an update from his daughter on
what she has found out so far? Some of us may live where he might have been
traveling and could do some searching.

Good luck out there John!

Gordy
He's not in Puerto Rico either, at least on the beaches I have been on today.

Old Dec 01, 2005, 10:31 AM
Joined Nov 2005
10 Posts
From John Derstines Daughter

I saw the comment about him not being in Aruba. Here is an update for those who are wondering. He hasn't used a credit card, he was driving a 2000 dark red Chevy Astro Van with silver or grey kicker panels (or whatever you call them). He doesn't have any planes with him. He only has a few left which are in his shop at home. I guess he sold the one's that were his "babies" this summer to a friend. We have filed a missing persons report and are working with the PA State Police. We don't believe he has used his passport (we've had someone check with customs) so he is in the country somewhere.

Our family is heartbroken over this situation and it is very serious. If anyone has information or runs across him, PLEASE let us know. 607-329-0418 is my phone number. Please only call if you have good news for us!

Melissa
(John's Daughter)
mderstine is offline Find More Posts by mderstine