HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:13 AM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Arduino + 2.4Ghz transmitter system

Hi, im trying to replace my 2.4Ghz transmitter with an arduino + some module.
Right now i have this;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html

It works fine. Now though, I would like to be able to send a 2.4ghz signal to a reciever with 6 channels and control the transmission with an arduino.
Is there any modules that are build for this? How do i generate signals over multiple channels?

Thanks
Jaosef is offline Find More Posts by Jaosef
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:00 AM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
58 Posts
It will not be simple to do using your current receiver since your receiver is mated to your specific controller.

One option is to use the training port on your controller. The Arduino can send it's control signals through there, and the controller will handle all the transmitting. You don't need any radio modules, and can still use your receiver.

Another option is to eliminate the receiver and use two Arduinos and two radio modules, something like one of these. The Arduino sends it's control signals to the radio, which transmits the data to the radio on the plane, which sends it to the Arduino on the plane, which provides your servo movements. With this setup, you can add nearly as many channels as you want.
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,107 Posts
Not sure if this thread helps or not...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817699
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Herefordshire
Joined Oct 2012
212 Posts
Just get a turnigy 9XR + OrangeRX OpenLRS (the OpenLRS IS an arduino + 433MHz module) .. i don't get why you want to create from scratch if you literally know nothing about it, experiment on something that isn't RC maybe as would you trust the code to keep your plane/multi in the air? I doubt it as something will go wrong..

Do some RF research, find a module and program it. The nRF24L01+ modules are cheap (but about 100M range) which might help you get into it, but all the cost of 2x arduinos + modules + time... you'd be better off just buying an FRSKY module, as you can use 9600 Baud with a few frame bytes and send data..
geebles is offline Find More Posts by geebles