HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:24 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhode13 View Post
Hi everybody, I'm strongly considering the purchase of a DJI Wookong M system with Waypoints. I don't need 50 Waypoints, but 1 Waypoint is a joke... 5 would be enough for me.

I've got a few questions that I hope that DJI or somebody else on here can answer... needless to say, this hardware is very expensive, and for something I have to purchase online, I'm getting mixed signals about what exactly I need, and what is legitimate pricing for it.

I'm seeing several places that the base model of Wookong-M is running about $1000, or maybe a little higher. Doesn't seem to be much confusion about that part.

But where it's getting extremely confusing for me is when you start purchasing the Waypoints capability. I've seen the 2.4 Ghz Data Radio set for just under $300, the 900 Mhz Data Radio set for over $500. I've seen where I need to spend about $900 just to upgrade the flight controller to 5 Waypoints, and ANOTHER $400 to upgrade again to 50 Waypoints.

Then I'm reading on DJI's website where it says, "Now you just need to buy a DJI professional datalink and upgrade to the latest WooKong-M 5.26 firmware, then free Ground Station function is available without S/N and free 50 waypoints supported." What the heck?? So they're saying that if I just buy the Data Radio, I get 50 Waypoints for free, instead of an additional $1300??

And then I find a version that supposedly has EVERYTHING... Wookong M, 2.4 Ghz Data Radio, Bluetooth Module, iOSDII Module, and 50 Waypoints included... all for only $1199 from a dealer in Maryland?? Is this legitimate?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221264433005...#ht_7881wt_864

What am I supposed to believe or buy??

One other quick question... right now, I'm flying with a Spektrum 2.4 Ghz control radio... I read somewhere that using the DJI 2.4 Ghz Data Radio will NOT interfere with my 2.4 Ghz Spektrum control radio. Is that true? Or do I need to go with the 900 Mhz version?

Again, I would appreciate anyone's help on here who has solid info on this. I've spent a lot of time researching this and I'm way too uncertain right now on what I need to feel good about spending this much money on something.

--Johnnie
The deal from Maryland is legit, I bought a package like this earlier this year. (the free 50 waypoints is also legit for all wookong owners - just need to by data link). I think DJI has this deal 'cause they have a new aluminum housed controller. 2.4GHz will not interfere with your control radio as all the 2.4GHz used frequency hopping technology. I use a 2.4 data link & 2.4 radio.
HummingbirdRPV is offline Find More Posts by HummingbirdRPV
to remove ads between posts