HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
I took my SR-22 out this morning. Its been several weeks since I flew her last. To my dismay when I flipped her over to install the battery, the battery hatch was gone.Have no idea when or where it departed. My guess is that it dropped off while in the bed of my truck then blew out during my travels.
Any idea where I can get a replacement? Looked at all the online vendors but no hatches. Any suggestions for? Don't really want to buy a complete fuselage just for a small plastic door.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,136 Posts
You won't get the door with the fuselage. You need to buy the plastic kit I think it's like $6.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
You won't get the door with the fuselage. You need to buy the plastic kit I think it's like $6.
Did not know that.
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
I did an online search and found several parts kits but none include the door. Doesn't look too hard to improvise and make one.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:51 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
No luck finding a new door. Making one freehand. Not pretty but functional. If anybody has a destroyed SR22 with an unneeded battery hatch let me know.
Thanks. Rick
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,136 Posts
To quite over here. Let spice things up... Lets get some SR talk going.
I got a Gopro....stuck it in the window.... Had a lot of fun you know, with that go pro in the window. made my plane really go, almost get out of control. But I never go postal
GoPro Hero test (6 min 14 sec)
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
512 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! To windy to fly, so lets eat and check out the Black Friday plane deals
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Turnigy Batteries

Hi guys noobie here, but was wondering will the Turnigy 2200mah 3s 20,25 or 30C Batteries work n the Dynam SR Trainer and if so will the RTF stock charger charge them?
Arceneaux811 is offline Find More Posts by Arceneaux811
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceneaux811 View Post
Hi guys noobie here, but was wondering will the Turnigy 2200mah 3s 20,25 or 30C Batteries work n the Dynam SR Trainer and if so will the RTF stock charger charge them?
I have been using the Turnigy 2200mah 20C batteries in mine. They barely get warm. Don't know anything about the charger in the RTF model but it should have the standard charging port for 3s lipos.

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
512 Posts
I'm looking to put a pilot & co-pilot in the SR22. Any idea what size would look good and where should I purchase them from? Thank you
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,471 Posts
I had used my pilots from my Dynam T-28 in this plane and they look good in there. It is posted a ways back. The pilots can be obtained from Hobby King.

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:26 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,354 Posts
Cg change

December 6, 2012 TRAINER SR (1 min 0 sec)

Cut the battery area open and fitted a horizontal pocket out of scrap foam. This moved the battery and the CG back to 35mm. The elevator got "lighter" and the glide improved. Landing was much better. No bouncing and full flap really slowed everything down.

Eric.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
Staying 3 mistakes high!
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined May 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
http://youtu.be/gdP1_OXybXc

Cut the battery area open and fitted a horizontal pocket out of scrap foam. This moved the battery and the CG back to 35mm. The elevator got "lighter" and the glide improved. Landing was much better. No bouncing and full flap really slowed everything down.

Eric.
Can you show some pics? I'd love to change the battery bay in mine too.
Fei Hu is offline Find More Posts by Fei Hu
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Hu View Post
Can you show some pics? I'd love to change the battery bay in mine too.
I will do so.

Upon reflection I should have done that. What botherd me apart from it being nose-heavy, was the blue LIPO impersonating a "pilot".

Also, I had no documenation for doing the flaps and the servo position/orientation did not have the two additional servos going in the same direction. I used an 8 channel RX and one channel per flap to get correct direction, a mix to get equal throws and neutrals for each flap. There is no adjustment on my flap push rods because they are pre-bent and buried in the wing and hiiden by the flap hinge.

The flight video was a bust due to visibilty for the camera guy, and focus issues, but I would report that you can set an egg-timer to do the rolls. Not the highest roll rate in the world with those tiny ailerons.

I fly with 2:1 aileron differential and about 1/2" CAR and it feels just fine. Getting the CG back was achieved by simply laying the battery flat after it goes in through the bottom hatch. The trick was to guide it and get it to stay in one place. You don'thave to move much weight very far to get a lovely airplane to fly -- Pictures to foillow tomorrow - The Stores are open and it's Honey-do's right now!....

Eric.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,354 Posts
painting on foam models

Masking tape will not work on the original paint. A trick is to use a rubber band.

It works well on surfaces where you can put the band all of the way around. Wing tips, noses fuselage striping/banding etc. I also use Aluminum foil as a broader mask. It folds and stays in place until you can apply some masking tape to join the rubber band edge with the foil.

When I am taking the masking off, I often pop the band with a sharp knife. Pretty clean and does not pull off the existing paint from the foam.

Eric.
RCG Plus Member