New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2014, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by p901P901
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,397 Posts
Do not take me serious. I have many builds in progress also and trying to get them done before building another. Somehow this never happens as planned.
Even if we are having nice weather I am in front of the computer dreaming up something else.
p901P901 is online now Find More Posts by p901P901
Last edited by p901P901; Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2014, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
6,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901 View Post
Do not take me serious. I have many builds in progress also and trying to get them done before building another. Somehow this never happens as planned.
Even we are having nice weather I am in front of the computer dreaming up something else.
I won't, I do the same thing.. got to keep the mind sharp!!

Sometimes you just need a little variety, not the same old thing day after day.

Working in the small area I have, you can't really leave anything out. Take it out, put it away.. takes lots of time. And only a 2ft x 6ft working surface, it's a challenge.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Hover or die
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
802 Posts
It will take a while to read it all and im sure it will be enjoyable..Good to see you working projects tp keep you busy through the cold..
getting ready to break my stuff out and scrape the dust off....
Cant wait!!
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Jan 24, 2015, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by _Colton_
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
106 Posts
Coola! How's it going man! Just checking in on your project. Quick update on the one I was flying at Jet Jam. The bossman said he wanted it to go even faster so I crammed a 120mm DS-77 in it on 14s,

It was cool when it was in the air but man talk about some runway to land that joker lol. Ended up having to run the intake as an open system and we were hitting the upper 170's

Since then I've gone and put the DS-51 back in the p;ane and have moved the CG back considerably to what it was before. The plane will now sit in a full flare and can easily be guided down with throttle management to land at a brisk walking speed.

Hope to see this one in the air some day. If you come out lighter or the same weight you're in for a treat. I've now flown both of the larger models and the flaps are just awesome. They make it a true sport jet.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:46 AM
Joined Dec 2008
6,992 Posts
Yup, it's been awhile since I've worked on it, for sure.. I got diverted to another project for a bit! Found a real nice older F-18 , foamy kit to convert to EDF. About 1/10 th scale.. I'm in no particular rush. The Scorpion needs ducting to be done yet and glassing the flying surfaces..

As I mentioned B-4, my work area is small, so when I do the ducting for the F-18 .I'll do them at the same time..Same goes with wings and stabs..

At this point, I have not felt much like doing any building at all. Both my mom and dad's health has went down hill recently.. We put mom in an assisted living home. and my dad is in a different nursing home.. His diabetes is starting to take it's toll..
On Mon , he goes in for a double amputation on his legs, just below his knees we think? However, it's not certain if he can/will even survive the surgery.

If dad doesn't make it thru his operation, hard to tell how that will affect my mom's health out look. She might not be to far behind then.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by Hoverjet 1
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Mark,
didn't realize you were going through so much with tthe parents..Really sorry to hear both are not well
I know its got to be stressful. Wishing the best.....Take care ..................................Chris
Hoverjet 1 is offline Find More Posts by Hoverjet 1
Old Jan 25, 2015, 06:48 PM
Joined Dec 2008
6,992 Posts
Thanks Chris, There both in there mid 80's, and once they started to "slid" , it's going faster than we thought. The actual surgery isn't until Tue am. , so by noon we will know .

Did you get your user name figured out?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by _Colton_
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
106 Posts
Very sorry to hear that cooler. I hope all goes well.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor