New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by Lafayette
'scuse me while I kiss the sky
Joined Nov 2009
592 Posts
Not getting a signal to quantom V2.

I have tried the standard antenas as well as the airblades. Evey thing power up ok. I have the gopro connected to TX via 10 pin cable.
All I get on the quanum V2 is fuzz, snow, and it says : No sognal.
I am sure some of you have had that problem. Any help welcome. May me I need to program something?
ImmersionRC Uno 2.4GHz NexWave (Filtered)
ImmersionRC 700mw tx 2,4 GHz
Quanum V2 goggles.
Thank you.
Lafayette is offline Find More Posts by Lafayette
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2015, 05:15 PM
Find More Posts by teccer1234
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
820 Posts
poor reception from fpv tx

I've had a few flights now using my boscam 5.8ghz tx/rx using the supplied rubber duck antennas with no problem but today same place, soon after take-off I had to return because I was getting too much interference, second try all I'd done was to move my phantom tx antenna a bit more to the side, and the reception was a bit better (my fpv rx is fitted to the back of my phantom, tx antenna is 5" away from the tx antenna) I know the phantom tx is 2.4 and the boscam rx is 5.8 but could this cause some interference?

the fpv tx on the quad is underneath with the antenna pointing down, the fpv rx is pointing vertical.

I'd like to get a set of decent antenna for my 5.8ghz but not too expensive, I did get a pair from China (mushroom type) but they were a load of rubbish,
teccer1234 is offline Find More Posts by teccer1234
Old Jun 23, 2015, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
11,030 Posts
Can you post a photo of your setup?

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2015, 03:32 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Can you post a photo of your setup?

-Alex
Hi Alex
this is my set-up, strange thing was that it worked reasonable last week but not too happy with it overall, when I turn at a distance( 200 yds) I had a lot of snow on the screen , only just viewable, could the problem be that my fpv antenna is too close to my TX?
can you recommend a fairly reasonably priced antenna that would give me better results, the Chinese copy of yours was rubbish, I dumped it
ray
Old Jun 24, 2015, 03:54 AM
Find More Posts by giteart
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234 View Post
I've had a few flights now using my boscam 5.8ghz tx/rx using the supplied rubber duck antennas with no problem but today same place, soon after take-off I had to return because I was getting too much interference, second try all I'd done was to move my phantom tx antenna a bit more to the side, and the reception was a bit better (my fpv rx is fitted to the back of my phantom, tx antenna is 5" away from the tx antenna) I know the phantom tx is 2.4 and the boscam rx is 5.8 but could this cause some interference?

the fpv tx on the quad is underneath with the antenna pointing down, the fpv rx is pointing vertical.

I'd like to get a set of decent antenna for my 5.8ghz but not too expensive, I did get a pair from China (mushroom type) but they were a load of rubbish,
Are you sure that the new cheap antennas you bought have also rp-sma adaptors?

Also your vrx position right next to the tx is less than ideal.
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
Old Jun 24, 2015, 07:49 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
820 Posts
[QUOTE=giteart;31978671]Are you sure that the new cheap antennas you bought have also rp-sma adaptors?
when they came they didn't so I had to get a pair of adaptors so they would fit the TX/RX

Also your vrx position right next to the tx is less than ideal.[/QUOTE

I did wonder about that so maybe I have it separate from the main TX, it's just that I didn't want to carry more kit with me (tripod etc)

200 meters isn't far for me, I'm not into great distance but would like to go further than I have so far, I have set the quad for the legal limit for the UK so 500mts, I'd like to even do that
this vid is about the farthest I've been as the video get a bit snowy at times

Comparing phantom with & without a gimbal (5 min 44 sec)

ray
Old Jun 24, 2015, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
11,030 Posts
The big thing is separation. I agree your video receiver being right on the rc controller is a big problem.

As for antennas: think of them as a transmission in a vehicle. You wouldn't go placing a junk transmission in a nice sports car and expect it to perform would you? Same thing goes here. You have ~$1300 in your phantom with the FPV systems and brushless gimbal. What is a $50 antenna set so you can see where you are going? There are a few decent antenna sets out there. Mine are the BlueBeams (or Airblades for LHCP), but the True Wired (True RC canada's) are incredible. Circular wireless is expensive, but they do deliver. Of course, if you're on a budget, just build your own. I have fully supported tutorials.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:11 AM
safer on the ground
wilts, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2006
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
The big thing is separation. I agree your video receiver being right on the rc controller is a big problem.

As for antennas: think of them as a transmission in a vehicle. You wouldn't go placing a junk transmission in a nice sports car and expect it to perform would you? Same thing goes here. You have ~$1300 in your phantom with the FPV systems and brushless gimbal. What is a $50 antenna set so you can see where you are going? There are a few decent antenna sets out there. Mine are the BlueBeams (or Airblades for LHCP), but the True Wired (True RC canada's) are incredible. Circular wireless is expensive, but they do deliver. Of course, if you're on a budget, just build your own. I have fully supported tutorials.

-Alex
thanks Alex for all your info, so first thing I'll do is to try with the rx away on a camera tripod as I've got one lying around and see what results I get from that if no good then it looks like I'll have to start look for something else for example the blue beam
ray
Old Jul 01, 2015, 05:00 AM
Find More Posts by lpabmendez
United States, LA, Mandeville
Joined Jan 2015
265 Posts
Hello all,

Thinking of getting a FR632 receiver for a mini ground station for 250 fpv quad.

Mounting it on a tripod with 2 of the small ImmersionRC Patch antennas ( 8dbi 90... for a total of 180 coverage)

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks

-Is there a FR632 equivalent but with 3 diversity? Would love 2 patch and 1 omni

-Is there a better 2 or 3 diversity receivers than the FR632?
lpabmendez is online now Find More Posts by lpabmendez
Old Jul 01, 2015, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by Jmel
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Joined Jul 2014
382 Posts
Alex, speaking of separation...

I've got my 400mw boscam video transmitter with a bluebeam ultra airscrew about 24 inches from my 2.4 ghz spektrum receiver (really it's a lemon-rx, but I digress) on my popwing. On my ground station, I have a 7dbi alfa brand patch antenna connected via lmr240 to my spektrum dx6i, and I have the boscam 5.8 receiver with a mad mushroom and a 5 turn helical about 12 inches away to the left.

How far should the antennas be on the ground station? I am about to get rid of the boscam receiver (it's a diversity receiver) and connect it to a newly purchased 5.8 ghz pepperbox. What say you?
Jmel is online now Find More Posts by Jmel
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by z28_ta
Joined Jan 2014
432 Posts
L and R

Hi,

basic question for you guys i guess...

Will a L antenna work with a R ??

Tks
z28_ta is offline Find More Posts by z28_ta
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28_ta View Post
Hi,

basic question for you guys i guess...

Will a L antenna work with a R ??

Tks
No!!! or not well!
DanT
DanT is offline Find More Posts by DanT
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by z28_ta
Joined Jan 2014
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
No!!! or not well!
DanT
Tks
z28_ta is offline Find More Posts by z28_ta
Old Today, 12:01 AM
Find More Posts by lpabmendez
United States, LA, Mandeville
Joined Jan 2015
265 Posts
Broken Airblade within 3 weeks

Bought a set of Bluebeam Ultras less than a month ago from Getfpv. They have been great, signal and range have been perfect for my 250quad. The blue protective cover has been solid.

Today after a regular crash at a meet up, the Airblade's cable broke. I'm surpriced at how thin the blue coaxial cable is. Bought these top quality antennas due to great reputation and have been happy so far but I expected them to last more than a month.

Had the Airblade hard mounted to the top frame's fpv antenna hole, maybe gotta figure out another way to mount that will let the antenna flex some

Anyone know if these have any warranty and if not coud this be fixed? I would need a new sma connector but I do not have the correct crimping tool.

If not fixable or not replaceble under warranty... do they sell these single or just in sets?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ccimgbf1z...zszKh3ghaWmpka
lpabmendez is online now Find More Posts by lpabmendez
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by glmccready
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,886 Posts
lpabmendez: Can't really expect a replacement under warranty from a crash. Yea, these parts will give you years of service if you don't bang them into the ground at 20 mph. Just consider it the cost of the hobby. I'm sure you antenna can be repaired but I'm no good at soldering those small coax cables.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready