New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by ignacioprodentis
Spain, AL, Málaga
Joined Oct 2011
68 Posts
Estrenando un motovelero (2 min 18 sec)

Hi again and thanks a lot to Thomas, Peter and Ask21 !

I flew the bird twice. First the CG was 65 from leading edge . Second flight at 70.
On landing aproach , flaps deflection is about 15 degrees. At about 1 meter altitud I deployed to 80 degrees.
During take off I use no flaps.
If so kind of you watch the video and give your opinion.
Thanks, thanks and thanks a lot.
ignacioprodentis is offline Find More Posts by ignacioprodentis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by Ricardo RW
.: Looking for Thermals :.
Chile, Quinta Región de Valparaíso, Los Andes
Joined Jun 2002
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacioprodentis View Post
https://youtu.be/iunv2S9F0zc

I flew the bird twice. First the CG was 65 from leading edge . Second flight at 70.
On landing aproach , flaps deflection is about 15 degrees. At about 1 meter altitud I deployed to 80 degrees.
Did you program flap to elevator comp.? Seems on landing that when deploying flaps she drops the nose.

Get her high and deploy flaps, watch her attitude and compensate with elevator trying to maintain level flight.

I would suggest you to try full trailing edge camber and reflex settings for better performance at different speeds.

Good luck!
Ricardo RW is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo RW
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by Martin Y
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,246 Posts
Nice flight. IMO you need a little expo in the elevator. What is the full battery installed weight?
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
Old Jun 24, 2015, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by ignacioprodentis
Spain, AL, Málaga
Joined Oct 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo RW View Post
Did you program flap to elevator comp.? Seems on landing that when deploying flaps she drops the nose.

Get her high and deploy flaps, watch her attitude and compensate with elevator trying to maintain level flight.

I would suggest you to try full trailing edge camber and reflex settings for better performance at different speeds.

Good luck!
What is " full trailing edge camber and reflex settings". Please, could you explain it for me ? Thanks
ignacioprodentis is offline Find More Posts by ignacioprodentis
Old Jun 24, 2015, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by TomTerrific
United States, CT, Waterford
Joined Jul 2012
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacioprodentis View Post
https://youtu.be/iunv2S9F0zc

--------
This is the new (11/2014) 4m Duo Discuss... Not the DG808s. So, CG will not be the same as on the DG808s. Ask FyFly for the instruction manual with the correct cg.
Plenty of power with your setup. I usually use about 1/3 to 1/2 flaps on final landing approach... And increase or decrease to better control and slow glide path.
TomTerrific is online now Find More Posts by TomTerrific