Find More Posts by zadaw
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp.nn View Post
http://www.rctw.net/thread-240490-1-1.html
SSV-9103MG
looks like the gears are interchangeble with a mod.
I tried those gears before and they will strip all the same.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,075 Posts
Streering arm bearing holder collar ?

Is it me or do others have problem bearing poping out of collar on steering arm ?
i crashed both due to this. One I got lucky and able to catch bird/ other took out servo. The pins that hold it are real fun. i have not done this on bird this small. i did on V200D03 on main drive shaft. that was not to hard.
I had alot of good flying with twin V120's. Guess time to pay the Piper. Nothing big just when it rains it pours. V120 dowm/ V450D03 down/ T-rex 450 down.
The last two are down and not from crashing. D03 bad OWB and sleeve/ Other gyro not right.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old May 03, 2015, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Neophyte o the Flyin Cuisinart
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Is it me or do others have problem bearing poping out of collar on steering arm ?
Yep, the tail steering set/pitch slider bearing collar can develop a hairline crack that can be very hard to spot without magnification. I've had to replace a few of 'em.

Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old May 03, 2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gravity View Post
Yep, the tail steering set/pitch slider bearing collar can develop a hairline crack that can be very hard to spot without magnification. I've had to replace a few of 'em.

Never had that happen but this is in my blog.
There one part failure I keep an eye on after a crash that will cause it to piro out on you, more noticeable on left turns. The tail steering set part number 69 in below diagram has a tail shaft sleeve part number 71 that holds it all together & it will pop loose. To verify if that's causing your problem pop your tail servo rod off your servo & work tail blades back & forth & look for the tail shaft sleeve separating from the tail steering set. If it is I been able to hold the tail steering set & snap the sleeve back in place by pressing it in toward the steering set with a small screw driver.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Yesterday, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by Sam19600
Joined Feb 2015
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC View Post
Where can I find the Happy Bird Paper canopy from ej1899?
Link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271214
Sam19600 is offline Find More Posts by Sam19600
Old Yesterday, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
I have a degree in crashing!
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2014
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam19600 View Post
Thanks, Is it alright if I print it on normal photo paper(gloss), And do you have to apply some other paint or film on top?. Sorry for these questions, I cant understand his steps
NoLimitRC is online now Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM
Find More Posts by jamichx
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC View Post
Thanks, Is it alright if I print it on normal photo paper(gloss), And do you have to apply some other paint or film on top?. Sorry for these questions, I cant understand his steps
I print it on special transparent foil and then spray white on the top of it so the color comes out beautifully. This side will become the inner side of course.

You can use your method plus some glossy film on the top.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
I have a degree in crashing!
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2014
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
I print it on special transparent foil and then spray white on the top of it so the color comes out beautifully. This side will become the inner side of course.

You can use your method plus some glossy film on the top.
I will try your method, Thanks.
NoLimitRC is online now Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,075 Posts
Quote:

I checked mine and indeed cracked. I see a collar on shaft. Is this only thing holding tail set in place ? Removing collar will this then slide out to replace bearing holder. Nothing else is broken. I have this part. I have not had to replace any shaft drive parts to date. Thank you/Dan
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by train06
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
619 Posts
Hmm? This is all very interesting, helps me to keep an eye on things, and keep a bench stock of certain parts!
train06 is offline Find More Posts by train06
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2007
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I checked mine and indeed cracked. I see a collar on shaft. Is this only thing holding tail set in place ? Removing collar will this then slide out to replace bearing holder. Nothing else is broken. I have this part. I have not had to replace any shaft drive parts to date. Thank you/Dan
I'm amazed that you've never had to disassemble the tail, given how long you've been flying V120s.

Yeah, just remove the tail shaft locking collar, pop off the steering set ball links and pull out the shaft.

Better yet, insert a straightened paperclip into the left side of the tail gear holder and use it to push out the tail shaft. This keeps the C gear and spacer tube in place when the tail shaft is removed. Then insert the tail shaft/new steering set into the right side of the holder and use it to push out the paper clip. The only tricky part is matching the C gear's D-hole with the flat on the tail shaft.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,346 Posts
Quote:
I'm amazed that you've never had to disassemble the tail, given how long you've been flying V120s.

Yeah, just remove the tail shaft locking collar, pop off the steering set ball links and pull out the shaft.

Better yet, insert a straightened paperclip into the left side of the tail gear holder and use it to push out the tail shaft. This keeps the C gear and spacer tube in place when the tail shaft is removed. Then insert the tail shaft/new steering set into the right side of the holder and use it to push out the paper clip. The only tricky part is matching the C gear's D-hole with the flat on the tail shaft.
Thanks for that good idea. I always stuck some thing thru after pulling tail shaft out to get it back in.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Joined Nov 2007
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Thanks for that good idea. I always stuck some thing thru after pulling tail shaft out to get it back in.
You're welcome, Crash. That simple trick makes quick tail gear swaps and other micro CP tail maintenance jobs a snap, especially on the 130X.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,075 Posts
You da man Uncle G !!