SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by coriolan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Oct 2004
212 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Gladly pay postage for the Upstart to US 95062. would you be interested in a trade for something from the store... selecthobbies dot com
skaliwag is offline Find More Posts by skaliwag
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:43 AM
Joined Mar 2005
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I'm looking for a set of Ace constant chord wings. Any still available?
kraft is offline Find More Posts by kraft
Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:59 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
983 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
i am in need of some ace wings also. let me know what you have available. I'm building an Ace Wizard.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:45 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
Again, I'm interested in the Killer Vee and will happily pay postage either to myself or my friend in Chicago.
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:24 PM
Joined Oct 2004
212 Posts
kraft...JForbes.. I have 2 sets of Constant and 5 sets of Tapered.
Doubt I will be able to get any more..
If interested contact through the web site..
skaliwag is offline Find More Posts by skaliwag
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:15 AM
Joined Mar 2005
8 Posts
Good! I would like one constant chord wing set to use with an RCM Quickie 200 I am building. It will be period appropriate meaning it will be powered by a new Cox TD .049 engine mounted Tatone long engine mount. All of the other equipment will be modern. With the new stuff I'll be able to shave about 8 ounces off of the original weight of 23 ounces so it should be very competitive with the Dominator 200. Anyone want to race? Winner take all! But I am getting ahead of things (again-that's good, excellent!) Please pm me with the details of how you want me to pay the shipping cost plus any other relevant details.
kraft is offline Find More Posts by kraft
Old Jun 22, 2014, 06:46 PM
United States, NY, Marcellus
Joined Feb 2005
0 Posts
Hello:

Can you tell me the span for the ace wings that you have for sale?

thanks.

Terry
lowpasstwo is offline Find More Posts by lowpasstwo
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:39 PM
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
Has anyone heard from Corolian?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:58 PM
Barnstorming Inc.
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Feb 2011
52 Posts
From Kamloops

If you still have the Killer Vee I can even arrange local P/U. I am going nostalgic here and had one as a kid. I would love another one. Let me know I am a hop/skip/jump away and would be happy to even give you a bit of cash for your trouble. Let me know thanks.
lookoutthebarn is offline Find More Posts by lookoutthebarn
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
I think he's MIA at this point.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:21 PM
Barnstorming Inc.
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Feb 2011
52 Posts
Ok but I guess your first for the Vee. I had a gas one with an Enya .09 motor in it (don't even think they make those engines anymore) and it was so hot. I would like to do an electric conversion of it as castor oil ruined mine after so many flights it eventually seeped under the monokote and soaked the wood. If you change your mind please pass it along Sunny skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell View Post
I think he's MIA at this point.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:39 PM
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
Enya is still in business and makes at least one .09 in both glow and diesel. Ken Enya deals direct out of Japan and are said to be very nice to deal with. I'm kinda hot for the .30 R/C diesel they just came out with.

If I were to get the Killer-Vee from Corolian, I'd just send it right back out to my friend in Chicago as a surprise-he liked my kit when he was here last and would probably power it with one of the (very hot) MP Jet .061 diesels. These planes would probably be fantastic with a Norvel .074 as well.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:35 PM
Barnstorming Inc.
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Feb 2011
52 Posts
That's awesome, the .09 for the Vee is ample. The gas side of R.C. I was into when my dad first got me started, is a way different ball game today. Diesels now? ... wow lol I should get back into glow with at least one gas model. I kinda miss it in some ways. Thanks for the info. Pretty sure that these planes came in two sizes for certain motor ranges...as well as a Bumble Vee trainer. In my very old RC Modeler magazines, GM Precision (the maker of these) had a good line up but went out of business and I bought mine through Tower Hobbies. They were based out of Cali. Too bad. These kits were pretty fun to build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell View Post
Enya is still in business and makes at least one .09 in both glow and diesel. Ken Enya deals direct out of Japan and are said to be very nice to deal with. I'm kinda hot for the .30 R/C diesel they just came out with.

If I were to get the Killer-Vee from Corolian, I'd just send it right back out to my friend in Chicago as a surprise-he liked my kit when he was here last and would probably power it with one of the (very hot) MP Jet .061 diesels. These planes would probably be fantastic with a Norvel .074 as well.
Last edited by lookoutthebarn; Aug 14, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:50 AM
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
I managed to find a Bumble Vee kit last year, looking forward to it. I'll probably go for a Norvel on it-it will be fast on just about anything.... unlike a lot of the 1/2A trainers of the time, this one has a pretty skinny fuselage. The Killer-V will get an MP Jet .061 Diesel-these are fantastic engines, extremely powerful for what they are and they really spin up-nothing like your Dad's diesels. The Enya .25 and .30 diesels are sport motors, as are the .15 and .09. The .11CXD is the hot one.

If only the Norvel .074 had been around back then..... it made good on the promise of a 'proper' engine in a small size that Cox and everyone else claimed. Great power, good throttle response, and a low idle that you can't make quit-and it's light too.