SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:47 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Auxiliary Wire Mode

The AUX LINE is the extra white wire connected to the receiver cable. The EDGE controllers can use this line for a variety of tasks. The available options are listed below.

 Disabled
Disabled input and output of the AUX LINE.

 Gain Input
Allows an external throttle signal connected to the AUX LINE to adjust the governor gain of controller in real time.

 RPM Out
Toggles the AUX LINE for every electrical commutation. Divide this number by your number of magnetic pole pairs for mechanical RPM.

 Arm Lock Key
This mode uses the Arming Lock Key Harness which attaches to the AUX LINE and the receiver. While the key is in the socket the controller will be incapable of arming. Once removed, the ESC will be allowed to arm when it receives a low throttle command on the traditional throttle line.

 RX Arm Lock
Locks the controller when the signal on the AUX LINE is below 50% (<1.5ms).

 Audible Beacon
Causes the controller to emit an audible beacon from the motor when the AUX LINE receives a signal over 50% (>1.5ms). The beacon is only emitted if the motor is not running.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:47 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Automatic Data Log Reset

On power-up if the Data Log Buffer is filled above this percentage all data is erased and logging starts over. This ensures the most recent flight is logged.

 Always (0%)
The Data Log Buffer is always erased on power up and logging starts from the beginning of memory.

 50%
If the Data Log Buffer is filled above 50% of the maximum amount of logging data available, the controller will erase the Data Log Buffer and start logging from the beginning of memory on power up.

 60%
If the Data Log Buffer is filled above 60% of the maximum amount of logging data available, the controller will erase the Data Log Buffer and start logging from the beginning of memory on power up.

 70%
If the Data Log Buffer is filled above 70% of the maximum amount of logging data available, the controller will erase the Data Log Buffer and start logging from the beginning of memory on power up.

 80%
If the Data Log Buffer is filled above 80% of the maximum amount of logging data available, the controller will erase the Data Log Buffer and start logging from the beginning of memory on power up.

 90%
If the Data Log Buffer is filled above 90% of the maximum amount of logging data available, the controller will erase the Data Log Buffer and start logging from the beginning of memory on power up.

 Disabled (100%)
The Data Log Buffer is never erased on power up and logging starts from the end of the log until memory is full.

Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:13 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
On power-up if the Data Log Buffer is filled above this percentage all data is erased and logging starts over. This ensures the most recent flight is logged.

Sweet! Let's hope the Ice series gets this!

Though... what happens if you set the limit to, say, 70%. You power up at 65%. Fly around for a while, then something weird happens and you crash. You take it home and power it up, to pull the log and investigate. As you power it up, the ESC sees that the last flight took your stored-logs up to 75%-full. 75>70%, and so it clears the logs, before you can download them. Uh-oh

Granted, who knows how often that would happen. But it would sure be unfortunate to lose the actual one you need.

Hopefully it would at least avoid clearing data if it boots up and sees a Castle Link connected? You'd still have to avoid powering it up at the field after a crash, just to see what still functions, as that could conceivably clear your logs.
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:01 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Data Log

I assume that it does not clear the data log until motor arm conditions. It would be nice if someone from CC would actively participate in this thread so could get the correct answers without any speculation.

I will probably set mine to 50% and forget about it until something interesting happens.

Another question is about the amount of data storage. Does it have more memory then the ICE? Does it have a faster CPU? What are all the hardware differences?

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:49 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,375 Posts
I wondered about not clearing the logs until the ESC arms. The only risk I could think of with that is that it might take some time to clear? When I delete my Ice logs, it takes a few seconds, I believe. They may want to avoid that delay as you're getting ready to spool the motor.

I sure hope there is more log storage, 20KB of log memory is awfully inexpensive. I'll bet it could be bumped up to 64KB for under $20

Where did you find the details you posted on the logs, etc?
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Feb 2006
727 Posts
Has this escs the possibility of using multirotor firm setting like the ICE ones?
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:59 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elossam View Post
Has this escs the possibility of using multirotor firm setting like the ICE ones?
I think that it is an advanced version of the ICE. It will have all same firmware features plus some new ones. Looks to me like the Edge will be replacing the ICE sometime later this year.

Has anyone heard of a production or shipping schedule?

Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:23 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
Will there be a new line of lite edge versions like the ice ones?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:41 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
You should send a PM or email to one of the CC factory guys and ask them?

Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:38 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Yes: http://www.castlecreations.com/media.../edgelite.html
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:46 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Edge Lite

Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:47 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
Looks like they should be available soon.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:52 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
LIke this nexted week?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:16 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
I was told today, "march"......I want one now!!!!!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:55 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,054 Posts
March is only a few weeks away.