SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:38 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Thanks to all for making it yet another fun event and well worth the drive just to see everyone.

Karl, great job as CD, sorry about the cut pylon I think we both anticipated that turn a little too soon. One hell of a Speedo you got there, I love the tube and the cover job!

Tom, you did it again! A big congratz to you. Oh, and I think your picture of Andy is evidence of theft. Thats where my missing Sapporo went!

Wayne, you ! Nice flying on that first race. (NOTE: First race first heat, I lead the first 3 laps but lost by a planes length to Wayne on the final run foiling my hat trick.) Thanks for bringing up some nice new eye candy from Aloft Hobbies. Very tempting!

Andy, where the hell did you come from? I swear we bid you bon voyage to Omaha last weekend! Was great to see and fly with you another time though!

Guy in the helmet, thanks for sharing your slope with us and for putting up with us trying to land where you were standing in the LZ.

James & Randal, thanks for meeting us half way We appreciate the long drives you have done for past races and events to come down to OC and have fun.

Dick, thanks for coming out! It's aways a pleasure flying with you.

Jordan, thanks for not coming! One less crazy guy on the slope to worry about.

John, are you sore? Was fun watching you DS, not so fun watching you hike up and down the hill, glad your Speedo came back up in one piece.

Bjaffee, was good to meet you. Thanks for showing the non-locals how to land and where the lift should be.

Cheers all! Can't wait till the next one.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Last edited by Twyl; Sep 24, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:42 PM
Livin ...The Endless Summer
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
7,315 Posts
Congratulations TOM!!!!!!

Way to go!!

Ps Nice hat Wayne!!!
goin for that island surfer look

Rubio
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline
Last edited by 67econoline; Sep 24, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,218 Posts
This is the transmitter case I have, for those interested:
http://www.advantagehobby.com/118242/VNR2028/

It was nice seeing ya'll, and cool having a site that was only a 70 minute drive away.

I clearly have to rebuild my speedo... a flaky aileron servo is no good for racing. But I have just as much fun losing...
macinr is online now Find More Posts by macinr
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinr View Post
This is the transmitter case I have, for those interested:
http://www.advantagehobby.com/118242/VNR2028/
Thanks...I already ordered a couple! BTW, will it fit any transmitters besides the Spektrums?
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
Hey you guys,

I can't believe you OC guys drove all the way up there. Just for your information, I hear they have some good slopes in Switzerland, southeastern France, and Australia. You might want to try those for your next race
I heard that the next race is at Vincent. Australia may have to wait until the following one. : )
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
I heard that the next race is at Vincent. Australia may have to wait until the following one. : )
Tom, I think I heard that too. Was that Wayne you heard it from? I think I heard him mention it at Kanan too, and I think thats where the old Glider Point MoM race thread was heading. So I guess that makes the slope site choice an easy one.

I nominate either John (BigGas) or Adrian (Codezilla) to CD at Vincent. They both have CD'd in the past and done excellent jobs and they were both pushing Vincent as a slope sight.

So that leaves the last question as to when should the next event be held? Any thoughts anyone?

Slope: Vincent
CD: John or Adrian (nominated, any seconds?)
Date: ????

-Jonathan
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
I can't believe you OC guys drove all the way up there.
Fabio, that is harsh.. I was a little reluctant to go out there, but SO happy I did. I knew I'd have a great time with the other pilots, but I also really liked the slope. Heck, I even came home with a vintage CR kit and meet a former owner of CR. I'm a sucker for most all of the CR planes.

I'll happily return to Kanan in the future! I'm sure we will race there again once we run out of "new" slopes to host the races at.

Great time all!
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
It was great meeting all the guys I've talked to on here RCG for a while. I'm really glad everyone had a good time. I was pretty nervous with everyone making such a long drive to my local hill, but I was certain we wouldn't get skunked. So at least everyone got to fly. Like I said earlier, the lift is usually better, but with the weather headed into Fall, I think we might be in for some unpredictable and light days ahead.

For the next round, if we could push it to early November, I might be able to arrange for a weekend off. October is pretty much out for me, as I'll be working every weekend.
BigSwede is offline Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,640 Posts
Quote:
Hey you guys,

I can't believe you OC guys drove all the way up there. Just for your information, I hear they have some good slopes in Switzerland, southeastern France, and Australia. You might want to try those for your next race
Drive wasnt to bad But I m in for Australia !!!!!! he he
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:45 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
For the next round, if we could push it to early November, I might be able to arrange for a weekend off. October is pretty much out for me, as I'll be working every weekend.
Skipping October should be fine. I think at least a month break between races is healthy. It's great fun and a blast but would hate to have anyone burn out or something.

I'm out for the 2nd and 3rd week of November for sure as I'll be checking out the Pill Box's on Oahu east shore. The 3rd and 4th week might draw a smaller crowd with other people doing taking similar extended holidays with Thanksgiving.

For throwing a date out there for starters, what about 11/4 (Sun?)

-Jonathan
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Hey you guys,

Fabio you really need to get a plane to the races. It's easy to knock on em if you've never tried it, but once you do, you'll realize why so many OC'ers made the drive and why the SB crew have made numerous trips down to OC to join in the fun. As we know you implanted your latest speedo and have sworn off buying another until R2 makes strait fuses again, how about we allow you to race anything you bring as long as you fly it wearing only a Speedo.

-Jonathan
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2011
7,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
Drive wasnt to bad But I m in for Australia !!!!!! he he
I'm in for the south of France!!!
The beaches are supposed to be nice.
And TOPLESS!!!

Rubio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,640 Posts
Rubio

How you going to fly with topless women walking by ??????
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Fabio you really need to get a plane to the races. It's easy to knock on em if you've never tried it, but once you do, you'll realize why so many OC'ers made the drive and why the SB crew have made numerous trips down to OC to join in the fun. As we know you implanted your latest speedo and have sworn off buying another until R2 makes strait fuses again, how about we allow you to race anything you bring as long as you fly it wearing only a Speedo.

-Jonathan
I have MOM'd before at Bill's hill down in Temecula and on my first outing took 2nd place in the foamy category (I only lost as Bill DelHagen called me on a questionable false start in the final) and had to go back. The fun ended really quick for me when I saw Bill's $800 Nemesis and the other guys Molded Ninja twisty wing turn into powder in mid-air. We did not have a vacuum to suck the dust up so we left most of it on the slope. I know these are Speedos but it is a pain for me to fly and repair over and over again. I am thinking that if I can get R2 to bend the fuselages just a little more I can actually use the "boomerang technique" to beat all of you guys. Just throw it by its wing and watch it come back by itself. No radio needed Glad you guys had fun. After all that is all its about
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined May 2011
7,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
How you going to fly with topless women walking by ??????
I know it will be tough ... Dick.
But I'm willing to give it a shot!!!

Rubio