HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:33 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,040 Posts
Discussion
Dynam T-28 main retracts will no opertate

Received my Dynam T-28 on Friday. Started building it today (Sat). The nose gear retract works find but the main gear do not function at all. Tried different locations on the receiver. Again nose gear worked but the mains did not. Please help. need a replacement set. Need it fixed for an up coming trip I'm going on next week. Got a ticket ANR-227-49630 so far nothing.
Thanks,
Bob Ruff
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
Quick Fix

I keep on hand a lot of connectors of diffent length and all that other crap. You have a spot on your receiver that works for your nose gear, right? Get two short Y's. Plug one into where you have the nose gear working. Plug the other into one side of the first one. use that one for your main gear and run your nose to the other. Should work! Or sometime you might hear from NP

Good Luck
winggunner46 is offline Find More Posts by winggunner46
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
392 Posts
Check to see if the y-harness is connected securely, sometimes the factory don't plug them in all the way. Or it could be just a bad y-harness. If you have another harness use that to test the retracts.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
Check to see if the y-harness is connected securely, sometimes the factory don't plug them in all the way. Or it could be just a bad y-harness. If you have another harness use that to test the retracts.

-Charlie
This was without "Y" harness. Straight to the retract same channel nosed worked but the mains did not. Tried them one at a time.
Bob
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
I have the same plane

:But, without retractors. I would guess that 90% of all problems of this nature are electrical and 90% of that is the wiring. Try a direct wire hookup.Receiver to retractor WITH ANOTHER SET OF WIRES. Hey I am no electrical wheeze. None of the planes I have retractors, but I am lusting for one. I will probably be in your spot with first one I get.

Good luck.

That ia a good plane to fly. Or so I am told. I have yet to fly mine.

When the Dr. releases me to play it will be the first I will TRY to fly.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
392 Posts
I'm going to have another set of retracts sent out to you, when it ships we'll email you the tracking number for the package.

-Charlie
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,040 Posts
Thanks!
bob
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
You are lucky

My sky trainer (large) problem has yet to be resolved. Even after I sent them the parts and full 8 x 10 B&W glossy photos. I am happy for you, but their lack of interest in my problem will result in my not buying another of their planes. Good planes, but in my case (I can not speak for others) their customer service sucks.
When I buy a plane I expect that some point in time I will nose it in or hit a tree. That is my fault, but when following Jeff's video, and they are good, for doing the flaps and the flap is glued/taped on so tight that it is impossible to get one side loose that it breaks. The answer I got was " we are not responsible for customer breakerage. I bought at the same time a spare set of left and right wings and two each of of rudders and elevators. I would include a copy of the invoice, BUT THEY DO NOT include an invoice. They don't even email you one. These are not GOOD business pratices.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:08 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winggunner46 View Post
My sky trainer (large) problem has yet to be resolved. Even after I sent them the parts and full 8 x 10 B&W glossy photos. I am happy for you, but their lack of interest in my problem will result in my not buying another of their planes. Good planes, but in my case (I can not speak for others) their customer service sucks.
When I buy a plane I expect that some point in time I will nose it in or hit a tree. That is my fault, but when following Jeff's video, and they are good, for doing the flaps and the flap is glued/taped on so tight that it is impossible to get one side loose that it breaks. The answer I got was " we are not responsible for customer breakerage. I bought at the same time a spare set of left and right wings and two each of of rudders and elevators. I would include a copy of the invoice, BUT THEY DO NOT include an invoice. They don't even email you one. These are not GOOD business pratices.
What is your order number for the plane?

-Charlie
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
Dig

I will have to dig for that one as the box was tossed long. I do believe I did make a copy.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:39 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,040 Posts
Got the retracts.
Thanks,
Bob