Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:12 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,556 Posts
And I find out I'm on legitimate unemployment! My story is mostly boring compared to you 3 folks(Steve-Jeff and Piper i was the last guy in line of that cursable game called telephone.I do have a full week off to deal with wife, new beta test (which opens my old Tiger files) and carbon and balsa.
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:35 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Hey Jeff, reading that my sunfrau and I are only pleased that the mongrel is in custody, what a rotter.

On the other hand it sounds like you have everything going for you to and a great girl that is sticking by you, what more could a bloke need. Ok a chunky lottery win would be nice too, and I wish you better luck than I have with that.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:42 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Yeah PJ3,

We believe you.

It wasn't you.

Had to be an identical Cub in the same air space at the same time. Happens every day.

Not you.

Right.

Umm hmmm.

j/k

If that had been me those Feds would come to my house, ransacked the place and done a full body cavity search before they even said Hello.

As for the Tundra Cub. Yeah, I asked him how long it took. He flew it like a sight seeing tour. I think he said he and his wife spent around 2 weeks doing short hops, visiting friends and seeing places for the first time. Plus I think he's about 28 YO so he's a lot more resialnt than us old farts. Heck, I had to chang the ELT battery and an oil pressure gauge in a Luscombe yesterday and I was "car wreck" sore this morning.

Yep, Jeff stepped in serious kaka by accident but he's coming out smelling like a Rose. Well, being Jeff, maybe not like a Rose but not like full on kaka either.

Tell them about your new abode Jeff.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Last edited by seanpcola; Feb 01, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:20 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,288 Posts
J3, sounds like someone on the ground had nothing better to do than play pranks.

Which reminds me.....

Four or so years ago, Dory was unemployed, and he'd meet me for lunch each day. He'd pick me up in the truck, drive around the corner, and I'd snuggle next to him in the in-between-seat while eating. Well, one day, just as we stared up to go back in, a cop car suddenly pop up on each end of us, lights on, and pin the truck right where it sat. They come out, hands on holsters, looking really agitated, and one approaches. We ask what's up. He says that someone reported an old man with a kid on his lap. Uh huh, suuuuuuuure. We give him some funny looks and reply that there clearly is no child in the truck. He and his pals look around, peek into the very empty, covered rear, and then they leave with a "if you see anything, call us." LOL! I still remember their expressions, first all pissed-off-cop, then puzzlement, and then upset at beig duped by a prank call.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
J3, sounds like someone on the ground had nothing better to do than play pranks.

Which reminds me.....

Four or so years ago, Dory was unemployed, and he'd meet me for lunch each day. He'd pick me up in the truck, drive around the corner, and I'd snuggle next to him in the in-between-seat while eating. Well, one day, just as we stared up to go back in, a cop car suddenly pop up on each end of us, lights on, and pin the truck right where it sat. They come out, hands on holsters, looking really agitated, and one approaches. We ask what's up. He says that someone reported an old man with a kid on his lap. Uh huh, suuuuuuuure. We give him some funny looks and reply that there clearly is no child in the truck. He and his pals look around, peek into the very empty, covered rear, and then they leave with a "if you see anything, call us." LOL! I still remember their expressions, first all pissed-off-cop, then puzzlement, and then upset at beig duped by a prank call.
Sounds more like a compliment to your youthful appearance Katie.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:55 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Recent "parking" experience.

I had to run out to the farm to check on things a couple of weeks ago. The property is 3/4 mile down a really crappy dirt trail. The word "road" is far too grandiose to describe it. I won't go down it unless I'm in a tall truck or a 4 x 4. I check the trail for tracks to see if anyone has driven down it and of course seldom is there any evidence. The only people that ever head down there is a retired farmer that owns the adjoining field.

At the end of the trail there is a fork with driveways to each plot.

Well, this particular day I drive down and when I round the corner there sits a fairly late model Chevy Suburban. It confused me for a second then I just assumed it had to be Farmer Ray (other property owner) because that's where he usually parks and he's always in a different car. In 15 years I've never seen anyone down there that didn't belong.

So, I drive around the property and all looks well. As I'm about to head back onto the trail I remembered that I had Natasha in a rifle bag behind the seat. "Hey", I thought, "good time to pop off a few rounds to check some tweaking I did on it".

I get out, set up everything and aim down at the berm we have set up for shootin'. I just happened to stop about 100' from that Suburban. Didn't think a thing about it because no one was in the vehicle and I'm shooting in the exact opposite direction. Figured Ray was out checking on his cows.

So, I take aim and shoot once. Looks good. 10 seconds later another shot, then for giggles I rapid fired around 10 shots together cuz' I love that Commie "loose nuts and bolts sound" that thing makes.

Suddenly I hear muffled yelling behind me. I turn around and see something that looks like a laundry fight in the back of the Suburban. Next a guy jumps over into the front seat, hits the ignition and peels out of there like someone is chasing him, which apparently he thought was happening. As they 180'd and came around close to me I saw a woman, wresting with her top in the back seat.

Apparently I interrupted someone's afternoon delight.

I feel bad.

I'm sure they were married.

To other people.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:55 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,602 Posts
Sheesh Jeff, what a story! I tell you, you have far more compassion in your heart than I think I do. I probably wouldn't have lasted in that situation nearly as long as you did - well done! I'd like to think that I would have, but... well, anyway, as Steve said it sounds like you've found yourself a great woman -worth the price!

Lil - great story, too funny, and I bet the cops have told that story over and over also!

Sean -you author you - and, you have a great sense of humor! "cavity search before they even said Hello"... killing me here. (thanks!)

I love this thread, what a great read, and bunch of folks! Thanks.

Rob

And that previous post... HILARIOUS!! (You should be a screenwriter, I swear! - in a good way that is.)
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,645 Posts
Sean? Remind me to tell you tomorrow of Kat's "parking experience" the other day if I didn't already. Not the snuggling kind of experience, thank God! Boris will handle that one when it happens.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:54 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi Jeff

Boy that is quite some time you spent with that neat older lady and her gerk nephew, you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

At least you met a new main squeze that sounds like a great lady.

Wecome back to the crazy farm here on Steve's cool thread !!!

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:01 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
Sean? Remind me to tell you tomorrow of Kat's "parking experience" the other day if I didn't already. Not the snuggling kind of experience, thank God! Boris will handle that one when it happens.
Dude, When I read "Kat's parking experience" I was already yelling upstairs for the wife to check our bank account for your bail money.

Just tell Kat that if "that' ever happens she may as well nickname her boyfriend Bullwinkle cause Boris and Natasha shoot Moose and squirrel.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:39 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
The "You Messed With the Wrong Damsel" fracas:

This episode took place in the parking lot of a local Tom Thumb convenience store, around 3:00 PM sometime in the summer of 2010. Exact time and date was recorded on the store's security video system which I would reference for accurate information but the authorities would not release a copy for me to keep with the other family home movies. A silly rule and a disappointment to me and my clan.

I received a call from my younger daughter "Crash" where she informed me that she had just been a "victim" of an attempted Car jacking. She sounded calm, informed me that the Sheriff's Office had been notified and were on their way and asked if I could come to the scene of the crime for, I guess, moral support. I was only 3 miles away so jumped in my truck and sped off.

Upon arriving I note my daughter being interviewed (hit on might be more accurate) by one of Pensacola's Finest, her car door standing open, a broken pool cue lying near the car and a blood trail leading around to the back of the building. Oh, and trace amounts spattered on daughter's hood, even a tiny bit on the front seats. I, of course, asked if she was alright, concerned that some of the blood was hers. I should have known better, being that I've known her since she was in diapers.

The story: She pulled in to the store, locked her car and proceeded inside. Upon exiting the store and arriving back at her car two yoots (My Cousin Vinny reference) approached her. One went directly towards her and the other went around to the passenger side and attempted to open the locked door. Her purse was on the passenger seat. Guess it was like a shark trying to strike at someone through an aquarium glass panel. Too stoopid to figure it out. He'll be referenced as Stoop #2.

The one closest to Crash was holding one of those miniature Louisville Slugger bats. You know, the ones that are about 2' long and are for display purposes only? Display is where it should have stayed for the future health and welllbeing of stoopid #1.

Well, Stoop #1 grabs Crash's arm, spins her around and demands money, her car and other "demands" that I can't mention on a family friendly forum..

Now right here I won't attempt to fully describe Crash's demeanor, personality and fear threshold but let's just say she's always been cool as a cucumber and has a lightning fast wit and reflexes. A real force to be reckoned with in a panic situation. I sired her. The look on her face in the video scared ME.

She responds by saying she's late for work, people are waiting on her and "Dude, I haven't got any money. I'm a single mom, are you kiddin?".

Stoop # 1 decides to show his seriousness by whacking Crash behind the knees pretty sporty with that shorty Slugger (probably a metaphor for his manhood in there somewhere, but I digress), enough that she almost buckles to the ground.

Almost.

The change in her eyes and demeanor would have frightened the pants off anyone with an IQ above a lawn chair but we are dealing with a true thug dude. Someone to fear, a battle hardened bad boy that strikes fear into the hearts of Navy Seals and makes any woman between the age of 10 and 70 swoon with the raw masculinity and virility eliciting from every pore of his magnificent body. In other words, his hat's on backwards, his pants down around his knees and he couldn't get a woman with a fistful of hundred dollar bills in Reno during a slow day.

So, Crash goes into her Postal stance. Postal to her is calm, frightened, vulnerable, meek, mousey, timid and totally non-threatening. Please see any episode of National Geographic Explorer pertaining to the tactics of the female Black Widow Spider drawing the male victim into her lair for clarification.

She becomes pliable and tells Stud Muffin that she'll comply, "please don't hurt me" and reaches into her car, across the front seat to "grab her purse/money/keys". Instead she locks onto the back, thicker half of her prized pool cue given to her by her mom (remember the church lady?) the previous birthday that was tucked between the front seats.

Now, I need to stop here and frame forward to the surveillance video, the examination by the Sheriff's Office and subsequent scoring of style, technique and difficulty of the maneuver.

She got high marks on stance, foot placement, swing, cue velocity, follow through***, difficulty of approach, style, imagination and permanence of injury. They tried to subtract points for the lack of return blow but that was overruled when the video revealed that what was left of the dufus was able to make good his escape due to distraction while Crash went after Stoop #2.

What impressed me was the spray of blood and dental work the strike produced. The scene was something that would make Freddie Kruger double over and hurl lunch.

Back to the immediate scene: As the Terminator (Crash) relates the details I notice one of the latest LEOs that arrived was toeing around something he found near the car. Upon close examination it's determined to be a tooth, obviously one that formerly belonged in the mouth of Stud Muffin (Stoop #1). Upon the revelation that "Yep, it's one of his teeth" my babygirl asks if there is any gold in it. "Why?" I ask confused, "you want it for a scrap book?". "Nope, Dad. Figured it's got to be worth enough money to get my car detailed and a new pool cue to replace the one mom gave me for my birthday".

Now THAT is a true Southern Belle and a daughter to be proud of.

Epilogue: Stud Muffins (Stoops # 1 & 2) were caught and convicted in court. We attended the trial. After I saw the look on their faces when they were brought into court, shackled, and then saw my cute daughter in the gallery to watch the proceedings. I really do believe they were looking forward to some quality cell time with Bubba as a boyfriend. It can get a lot worse out on the mean street of life when you have good ole country girls walking around unregulated, unsupervised and unrestrained..

Upon reflection I do feel that my babygirl contributed to the betterment of society. I mean, what kind of thugs does this country produce when a simple G-Money type dude gets owned by a sweet, innocent, gorgeous and feminine Southern gal so bad that he'll never walk the streets again representin' all that is held cherished by the "gangsta" society?

The conclusion to my thesis? I should have sown more oats and produced a few dozen more Southern Belles.

If I can just convince the wife that it's a sacrifice I'm willing to give to society...........

***Very important: You don't want to attempt to dissipate energy too fast on a swing like that. You could strain a muscle and spend the night nursing a sore arm.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:41 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hey Magic Pen

You did it again what a great story about your Daughter bringing bad news to those 2 dudes, it just amazes me that the young people have lost all common sence about fooling with someone that they don't know and what that person has up their sleeve.

Great stuff on this thread, no wonder it is # 1 on the hit parade

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:19 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Yeah PJ3,
Tell them about your new abode Jeff.
Well to be honest Sean, I don't want to be responsible for all the computers that would be ruined from the drool in the keyboards. Buuuttttttt.... If you insist.....

It turns out that my new lady's dearly departed husband was a cabinet maker and had a FULL shop. I haven't taken exact measurements but the shop is fully 15 paces by 33 paces in size and stocked with just about every industrial quality woodworking machine you can imagine. I'm still trying to find storage places for all my tooling but for the most part I can store it and leave it or sell it off. The shop is even set up with a full dust recovery system. (four bagger type) There is even a separate room for finishing with exhaust blowers. If I could figure out how to get the pictures off my phone I'd post them. Her son says it's a smaller shop than the one they had back east and they had to "adjust" to the smaller working space. As to the house it's a five bed three bath nestled up against some of the most beautiful landscape the Arizona has to offer. I've already spotted at least three different possible slope flying sites that are less than a mile away. (Eat your heart out Hossman!) Each one faces a different direction so pretty much any way the wind blows I've got a slope to cover it. When I have some time I'll do up a google earth view with the slopes marked out in relation to the house.

Sean: Is that the Tom Thumb that's just the other side of the freeway from your place? I remember making a stop there after I left from your place on my way out here.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:23 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,602 Posts
All that I can do or say at this time of the morning is sigh deeply with a big grin on my face. Great story, ... still laughing!

Thanks for that,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:41 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
oh yeah.... I forgot to add that this little slice of heaven is sitting on top of 80 acres of land!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock