HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2005, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2005
15 Posts
Discussion
Which engine for the GP Seawind?

After being away for RC for several years, Santa brought me a Seawind (from Tower) for Christmas. Unfortunately it arrived with a cracked hull and canopy damage. It's going back to Tower tomorrow for a replacement. It was pretty depressing to open it up and see all that damage. Nice plane though. Looks like it's going to be a nice flyer.

I'm looking for suggestions on which engine to install; 2-stroke or 4-stroke, brand, type. etc.

Ideally I'd like to put the most powerful engine that the Seawind will take. Looking for suggestions; 2-stroke vs 4-stroke, best brand, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
SR-71 is offline Find More Posts by SR-71
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2006, 10:13 PM
We fly the fun stuff
Caldwell, Idaho
Joined Dec 2005
248 Posts
There's a thread somewhere in the waterplanes sectoin on the seawind that could help
newkid is offline Find More Posts by newkid
Old Jan 02, 2006, 08:38 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Saito 100 or OS 91 (both 4S) seem to be common choices. There also is a length thread or two in RCU.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Jan 07, 2006, 12:02 PM
FAA
Master Model Collector
Connecticut, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,143 Posts
I have heard the same choices as gouda stated. I will be going with the SAITO 100.

Many folks have been reporting damaged goods being received from Tower when it comes to this aircraft. I wonder if Great Planes / Tower will try and improve the packaging.

I have noticed that over the years Tower Hobbies packaging has been on the "pathetic" side. They have an many occasions shipped me empty boxes because the contents fell out. On the good side, they are always good to re-ship, with little or no aggrevation. Lost time is the only impact.
FAA is offline Find More Posts by FAA