SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:36 AM
United States, NY, Yaphank
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
Idea
Battery shoot out

I would like to see a true BATTERY SHOOT OUT comparing brands. I see such a difference in prices in batteries. I'm a strong believer in buying the best you can afford BUT I'm also aware of company hype. If i see a true difference in quality from one brand to another, i will stick with it but we all know numbers can be spun to make something look better than it is.

I would like someone, maybe a magazine take a few popular size batteries (2200mAh/3s/20c-2000mAh/4s/25c- etc) and run them through the ringer from BRAND NEW to about 100 uses and monitor their performance along the way. I have bought 2200mAh packs and my charger claims they are 2000 mAh at best....maybe this is normal, but I want to know is a $29 2200mAh actually 2200mAh or would it read the same as my $9 pack..

I would also be curious to see if the "C" ratings are accurate or are they bumped up a bit for sales?

I will gladly do my best to do the test myself if someone would fund the project
bigheaded5 is offline Find More Posts by bigheaded5
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:03 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,845 Posts
That is what the this sticky is for. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342568
Most of the recent data is in the first post by everydayflyer.

There have been other threads in the past year showing comparisons of recent batteries. I'd have to search, or better yet, you can search for them.

In fact there was one just updated today. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767093

The problem is what's good today might not be good tomorrow. Several manufacturer's packs that looked real good a year ago are now getting panned and some claim that we can't use one size of a pack to judge how a different sized pack might work.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Mar 09, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:56 PM
United States, NY, Yaphank
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
shoot out

I did do a search, I didnt find the link you sent...but Im looking for something more REAL LIFE and current. I was able to find some on YOUTUBE.

LIPO Battery Testing: Turnigy Vs. Gens Ace (8 min 39 sec)

RCTESTFLIGHT - Turnigy Vs. NanoTech Battery Test (2 min 0 sec)

If you can get past his speech pattern, its interesting.

This guy isnt as annoying
Testing Lipo's Power Output, Turnigy & Parkzone C Ratings tested (3 min 10 sec)
bigheaded5 is offline Find More Posts by bigheaded5