HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by acuralegendz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
What goes up...
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Build Log
3D Printer( It's ALIVE!!!) Video proof!

As some of you know by my recent for sale threads I just unloaded my TBS disco and custom Ground Station along with some other items to fund a 3D printer. Well everything sold and I ordered the kit. My love of building and designing along with the cold weather ahead has shifted my focus in this wonderful hobby. I hope to further assist my fellow multi addicts with some new designs and hopefully another affordable gimbal. I ordered the kit and will be picking it up Thursday. I will update this blog with pictures and a build log of my progress. A special thanks goes out to MrDus for reminding me how much I've wanted a printer as well as the users who bought my quad and GS. Stay tuned...
This is what it should look like when its done
acuralegendz is offline Find More Posts by acuralegendz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by acuralegendz; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Just went and picked up my kit. My boss was kind enough to let me leave work for 2 hours and drive to Deleware an pick it up. I met the owner of the company and watched one of his printers print. This kit seems to be the highest quality at the lowest price I've seen. You can obviously save some money by sourcing the parts yourself but I wanted everything I would need so I could start the build immediately. I also found out when I got there that he has preloaded an sd card with the software and the calibration files which will save me loads of time once it's completed. I'm very satisfied so far with the service they have provided.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by acuralegendz; Dec 14, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
678 Posts
It's looking good so far man.
MrDusanmandic is offline Find More Posts by MrDusanmandic
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Finished!!(The build at least)

Now I need to get my bed level. There were a few hangups, the assembly videos that were made for the kit were a bit off as I had received some newer parts. After flipping some of the motor connectors and figuring out where the end stop connections were I'm now able to "home" all three axis. It will extrude but all i have is abs until the other 3 rolls arrive. I tried a test print but the abs just curls and never gets stuck to the bed. I'm sure this is because the bed is not level and my temps aren't dialed in yet. All in all I'm very satisfied with the kit. Now I just have to get it to print!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:48 AM
Cleveland Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States
Joined Dec 2000
401 Posts
Who manufactures the kit???
JIM CALDWELL A is offline Find More Posts by JIM CALDWELL A
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
3Dprintertek.com
http://www.3dprintertek.com/pt200-me...-complete-kit/
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,989 Posts
Nice looking setup. I just got the Replicator 2. Figured I'd bring our PM discussion over here :-)
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Nice looking setup. I just got the Replicator 2. Figured I'd bring our PM discussion over here :-)
Thanks, like I said I really hope PLA is the answer. I looked at the one you have (replicator 2) but I didn't want to wait 8 weeks and I love to build so I went with the kit.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:00 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuralegendz View Post
Thanks, like I said I really hope PLA is the answer. I looked at the one you have (replicator 2) but I didn't want to wait 8 weeks and I love to build so I went with the kit.
Ya I actually got mine because the Canadian supplier actually had stock. Every other one I looked at was 4-6+ weeks to get.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
It's PRINTING!!!!!!!
3D Printer MendelMax First successful print (PLA) (2 min 57 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by acuralegendz; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:20 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Now you not only printing t-shirt ! i love it ! is it complicated to operate the software? i will love to have one machine to build all kind of stuff for fun !
windfou is online now Find More Posts by windfou
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Software is not complicated at all. The 3d design software isn't that easy but once the design is done the 3d printing program slices the file into layers and then sends the commands to the printer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Software is not complicated at all. The 3d design software isn't that easy but once the design is done the 3d printing program slices the file into layers and then sends the commands to the printer.
i have i liitle bit of knowledge with computer and software , when you purchase the machine do you need to buy the design software ?
windfou is online now Find More Posts by windfou
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:54 AM
What goes up...
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
The kit only comes with the hardware but the controller board is preloaded with the software needed to run the machine. All of the computer software I downloaded. The 3D design software I have is not free but they do have free software available. Try Blender for 3d design.
RCG Plus Member