HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone tried hobbywow.com?

Hi, I found a site that has lots of RC especially helicopters, www.hobbywow.com. My question is, has anyone tried to purchase from them before? What are your thoughts on this site? Thanks.
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:03 AM
ChrisMohrSr
Homeland, CA
Joined Nov 2009
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Hi, I found a site that has lots of RC especially helicopters, www.hobbywow.com. My question is, has anyone tried to purchase from them before? What are your thoughts on this site? Thanks.
I would like an answer to those questions also. I just want to know if they are a U.S. vendor. I start dealing with a vendor only to find out they are located in China. That's O.K., but shipment can take so long and the language problem can be so frustrating. Some of these vendors have some great deals on some great products and with the money they are making one would think that they good establish a U.S. outlet or, at least, get a good translator.
ChrisMohrSr is offline Find More Posts by ChrisMohrSr
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jan 2008
2 Posts
Good luck getting your order

I placed an order with them. It was supposed to have three batteries included in the shipment. Once I received my order,one battery was missing, and one that was shipped was damaged. They are very non-responsive in this regard and will NOT correct issues with missing or damaged goods even if you paid extra for shipping insurance. It's a complete gamble if you will get what you actually ordered. I would Not recommend buying from them. Wish I had has spent a few extra $ and dealt with a good company. YMMV. I will not be ordering from them in the future that's for sure! Lost about $30.00 in missing and damaged goods.
rlh1975 is offline Find More Posts by rlh1975
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:07 PM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohrSr View Post
I would like an answer to those questions also. I just want to know if they are a U.S. vendor. I start dealing with a vendor only to find out they are located in China. That's O.K., but shipment can take so long and the language problem can be so frustrating. Some of these vendors have some great deals on some great products and with the money they are making one would think that they good establish a U.S. outlet or, at least, get a good translator.
From their web site
"HobbyWOW is located at Shenzhen city in China, where the seats of famous brands like Walkera , Art-Tech , Esky , KDS, Leopard , Freewing ."

The english on the site is also obvious.

Looks like another vendor to avoid.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:21 AM
ChrisMohrSr
Homeland, CA
Joined Nov 2009
76 Posts
Battery Bug

I have difficulty fitting the BangGood supplied battery for my recently acquired V959 quad into the battery cage. It seems as if the battery BangGood supplies for all the V class birds is the same one and that fits only with great difficulty. I had the same problem with my V949, but in that case the battery box consists of two cross members. So I cut both cross members in the middle with a pair of diagonal cutting pliers. This supplied the battery cage enough give to have the battery make a very comfortable fit. In the case of the V959 that cannot be done.

Knowing I would need more batteries I ordered the Tigers pack of five batteries. These fit fine to the V949 because of cutting those cross members, but they will not fit to the V959 at all. The Tigers batteries should be the same size as the batteries supplied with the V quads. The only difference is that the Tigers batteries are 600 mAh and the supplied batteries are 500 mAh, but the Tigers batteries have a wrap around kind of label which seems to increase their width by about a millimeter and that seems to be enough to cause the problem. And to add to that, I can only insert the supplied battery about 3/4 of the way into the cage for some reason. I apply only moderate pressure for fear of breaking something, but something definitely seems to prevent full insertion of the battery.

The fact that no one else seems to have had this difficulty makes me begin to question my sanity.

Any assistance will be forever appreciated.
ChrisMohrSr is offline Find More Posts by ChrisMohrSr
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
still waiting

I purchased a Walkera v450bd5 over a month ago and im still waiting.Cost was $750 au which included $99 speed post.
I know Im a fool but i got a small bonus from work and thought i deserved it after a hard year and liked the look of it and have a v450d03 and love it.
Im starting to give up.
molleytrex is offline Find More Posts by molleytrex
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:06 AM
Brunei, Tutong
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
i've spent hundred bucks at hobbywow, pretty good deal with them.. fast shipping and good customer service too.. price also really good.. last time i ordered walkera master cp parts using ems but instead they upgrade to ups for me with no extra charge because of late shipping for week on national day holiday..
man84 is offline Find More Posts by man84
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:17 AM
Suspended Account
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Sep 2013
32 Posts
Dears
Thank you for your comments,your advice is our best support,looking forward to serve you again,thanks.

Best regards
Hobbywow

Quote:
Originally Posted by man84 View Post
i've spent hundred bucks at hobbywow, pretty good deal with them.. fast shipping and good customer service too.. price also really good.. last time i ordered walkera master cp parts using ems but instead they upgrade to ups for me with no extra charge because of late shipping for week on national day holiday..
HobbyWoW is offline Find More Posts by HobbyWoW
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2013, 07:31 PM
United States, IL, Cowden
Joined Mar 2013
1,584 Posts
Anymore updates on HobbyWOW? I'm considering ordering a "Pre-order" item, which they say " Pre-Order Products will be Shipped within 30 Working Days after you Place Order." I'm OK with that, as long as it's 30 or so days...I just don't really want to wait for my item 'til next spring!
RDTague is offline Find More Posts by RDTague
Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTague View Post
Anymore updates on HobbyWOW? I'm considering ordering a "Pre-order" item, which they say " Pre-Order Products will be Shipped within 30 Working Days after you Place Order." I'm OK with that, as long as it's 30 or so days...I just don't really want to wait for my item 'til next spring!
i didnt get my heli but hobbywow did give me a full refund,,no questions asked,I think my order got lost in customs.Not sure what happened.It was just that it took a while to sort out.
molleytrex is offline Find More Posts by molleytrex
Old Nov 17, 2013, 06:27 AM
United States, IL, Cowden
Joined Mar 2013
1,584 Posts
I decided against ordering from them, after more research.Too many bad reviews.
RDTague is offline Find More Posts by RDTague
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:40 AM
Joined Dec 2013
108 Posts
Dear Nolivy,
Thank you for your interest on HobbyWOW.
You can click on our website and find "can i trust HobbyWOW"to know more knowlege.thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Hobby WOW is offline Find More Posts by Hobby WOW
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:44 AM
Joined Dec 2013
108 Posts
Dear Magrat,

If you have any doubts about importing from China, you're right to be cautious. Here's some key information about HobbyWOW to give you more confidence in starting out with your new China Wholesale supplier which is a wholesaler , based in the city of Shenzhen in Mainland China. Goods are shipped to worldwide by air freight and couriers such as EMS,DHL and UPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
From their web site
"HobbyWOW is located at Shenzhen city in China, where the seats of famous brands like Walkera , Art-Tech , Esky , KDS, Leopard , Freewing ."

The english on the site is also obvious.

Looks like another vendor to avoid.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:49 AM
Joined Dec 2013
108 Posts
Dear rlh1975,

Could you kindly let me know your order NO.,and check your order information for you and give your satisfy solution??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1975 View Post
I placed an order with them. It was supposed to have three batteries included in the shipment. Once I received my order,one battery was missing, and one that was shipped was damaged. They are very non-responsive in this regard and will NOT correct issues with missing or damaged goods even if you paid extra for shipping insurance. It's a complete gamble if you will get what you actually ordered. I would Not recommend buying from them. Wish I had has spent a few extra $ and dealt with a good company. YMMV. I will not be ordering from them in the future that's for sure! Lost about $30.00 in missing and damaged goods.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:54 AM
Joined Dec 2013
108 Posts
Dear RDTague,

Thank you for your comments on HobbyWOW.There are many place need to advanced about HobbyWOW,such as shipping,costomer service,product and so on,we are trying to do it well,thanks.
And your advice is also can help us to do some progress,and wish we can received your good suggestion,thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTague View Post
I decided against ordering from them, after more research.Too many bad reviews.