HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, TX, Quitman
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Man you know that guy was drooling at a $200.00 increase offer over the original 1K . I have been a lurker here for YEARS same old song and dance
with buyers and sellers . The seller is a weasle and the buyer is living in
an alternate universe ...I wouldn't sell a box of Cracker Jacks in here .I promise there would be SOME problem with the purchase

Remember the buyer is always right
Rocket_88 is online now Find More Posts by Rocket_88
Last edited by Rocket_88; Sep 28, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:21 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,900 Posts
Trader Rating: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by snolord1 View Post
this was no 20.00 item,1000.00 is a big deal of money,for me anyways.
seller was wrong and thats the bottom line..PERIOD!

another one makes it to my IWILLNOTBDOINGBUISINESSWITHYOU.COM
I agree with snolord. Buyer sent a reasonable offer -- seller accepted -- buyer paid quickly -- seller didn't ship or contact buyer for almost 2 weeks....sounds like to me seller is in the wrong. Sounds like he's making up the whole "I thought your MO was phony" because someone else sent him a better offer after he agreed to sell it to Alkaline.

If you aren't willing to accept PayPal, then you better be accepting of MOs. This wasn't some MO from a no-name bank or grocery store! It's from a big name financial institution -- I'd trust that more than one from the USPS! If you don't trust it, call and verify. Stop making up stories in a foolish attempt to pass the blame on the buyer.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,907 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkus View Post
...Someone offered $1200 and you took the extra $200 and left the original customer high and dry...
This. Or moreso, for some unknown reason I get the feeling an old regular customer - maybe even an "ol' buddy", contacted the seller saying he'd really love to get that motor & the seller hooked 'im up.

I also get the feeling, maybe this is what's feeding the former suspicion, that to the seller, by steadfastly refusing to answer the pointed question about timeline, he somehow feels he's not telling a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkus View Post
......and did not even email or PM him that you called off the deal and sent the check back.
Mr. Williams, with all due respect, when I visited your website this morning, I took the time to read your 'boilerplate' page. In its entirity. (I'm one who does that.)
One thing of note I saw liberally sprinkled thru-out was the paraphrase, "If any questions ... about anything ... just call or write". This included involvement with the sundry (tacit) 'terms & conditons' of your business.

I just find it somewhat odd that with all your various hoops you expect folks to jump thru in order to do business with you, along with your several urgings for them to contact you for any needed clarifications to keep things 'smooth', your actions here show you apparently don't show the same respect with regards to your clients.

And you're 101% correct, in your noting you can run your business any way you see fit. Could not agree with you more!!! All I will say is, and we can place our business with anyone we see as fit, too.

All beds are made -- sleep well.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
I agree with snolord. Buyer sent a reasonable offer -- seller accepted -- buyer paid quickly -- seller didn't ship or contact buyer for almost 2 weeks....sounds like to me seller is in the wrong. Sounds like he's making up the whole "I thought your MO was phony" because someone else sent him a better offer after he agreed to sell it to Alkaline.

If you aren't willing to accept PayPal, then you better be accepting of MOs. This wasn't some MO from a no-name bank or grocery store! It's from a big name financial institution -- I'd trust that more than one from the USPS! If you don't trust it, call and verify. Stop making up stories in a foolish attempt to pass the blame on the buyer.

Garret

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
I will agree with the trolling, there are a few on here that have to post on every post that comes along, when they have reason to do so.
They need to go out and fly!
+2

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
I agree...The seller is 100% in the wrong here based on what I've read. The buyer could've handled it better, but the seller is a merchant and is supposed to know better. BTW...Why is the seller permitted to have his website as his username when he's not a site sponsor? I thought that was against site rules?
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:03 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,907 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Aieeee! I sincerely apologize....but there is one critical thing I meant to note & it slipped my mind. About that 'boilerplate page'?? You might wish to consult with your attorney (for surety), but even under your own terms, I believe we have a legal breach of contract.
Buyer fulfilled his obligation for legal 'Consideration' (even tho seller thought it suspicious) . Your decision to disregard his (legal and valid) consideration was not negotiated.
Offer, Acceptance, Consideration -- all that's missing is Performance, constituting breach.

(For future reference.)
Kindest regards.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
the more I look at the picture of the motor the more I'm sure I saw one very similar used in another problem transaction last year. The seller had taken pics of the motor from someone else's ad, I think from RCU, then tried to sell it. I think that one ended up having bolts that were sheared off or something like that.

Should also be interesting to see what the postmark is on the envelope when the check comes back.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
Heli Nerd
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
And I see you spend a fair amount of time following me around? I'm honored. Sorry if you don't like my opinion bud, somehow I'll get by.
Don't be honored. I don't follow you, you post in almost every thread, it's hard to not run into your posts champ.
Dizzante is offline Find More Posts by Dizzante
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
I personally would like to Thank Alkaline for posting this thread. I, as a buyer was looking to make a purchase and as I normally do I research my possible sellers.

I think I will choose to take my business elsewhere. Its just not worth any possible.......um.......problems.

Again Thank you!
I owe you one.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Dizzante
Heli Nerd

Trader Rating: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
I see you've followed some of my posts. I'm sorry that you might not agree with me, that happens.
Don't be honored. I don't follow you, you post in almost every thread, it's hard to not run into your posts champ.

It's o/k But you should review your facts before writing them, it appears your assertions are incorrect.
Last edited by porcia83; Sep 29, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzante View Post
Still waiting on the math for this one...I'll be happy to assist. (Hint...think division)
Last edited by porcia83; Sep 29, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: updating for status.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
I personally would like to Thank Alkaline for posting this thread. I, as a buyer was looking to make a purchase and as I normally do I research my possible sellers.

I think I will choose to take my business elsewhere. Its just not worth any possible.......um.......problems.

Again Thank you!
I owe you one.
Just out of curiosity, if you didn't see this thread, but saw his for sale thread where he would not take PP, just a money order, would you have sent him $1200 or even $1,000?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
813 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
This is better then any of those reality shows..... You guys are still going?? Are the original people even here anymore...lol

Unfortunately..doing business on the internet is a risky transaction in and of itself. The original guys should have worked this out offline..but i understand the need to lash out when you feel wronged...its human.

Sorry you had to cough up the extra $35.00 to cx that check...sorry that the seller didnt do right by you...

But what the H3LL....Keep it up!!! im at lunch anyway...lol
stiks is offline Find More Posts by stiks
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
yup, still going. Sometimes when someone chimes in and says something completely idiotic and wrong (hypothetically) I can't help but ask for clarification, or have them validate what they are spouting off about. Lack of maturity or a guilty pleasure, or perhaps both. It's rare that you can change someone's mind here, but it's always worth a try.

I agree completely though, both involved parties should have tried to work it out behind the scenes.