to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:59 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,765 Posts
maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKite View Post
What about the Turnigy Nanotech 950mAh? Fits transmitter as well and can be double up to 1900mAh battery with a parallel cable. Size 71x25x14mm and 46grams

the 850 is 17/30/59 and fits tight in the airplane (and that after relocating other components). but for the tx, why not a larger 1?
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Aug 27, 2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 02:24 AM
Joined Aug 2014
19 Posts
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
these are the largest that fit, and even you have to relocate the parts that are near: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lipo_pack.html
and the higher the c rate the more power you get. see post 811 and this on post 33:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1629512&page=3
I just ordered 6
sickid123 is offline Find More Posts by sickid123
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:42 AM
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carre55 View Post
To fit the 850 lipo i just trimmed the internal cheaks with a scalpel so the batterie sits in width wise
Regards
Paul
Check these out!

http://spyhawkforum.freefo.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18
mauri307 is offline Find More Posts by mauri307
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:11 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
again went to the park. this time with the extra 6 grams, so now balances ahead of the recommended cg. also, reduced sensitivity on elevator by moving pushrod closer to servo.
tried manual and was impossible to control. too sensitive, so went back to auto. now it does better, but still, 1 time when stopped the motor, went into a sudden spin, as before. the only way to recover is by turning on the motor.
managed to do acceptable flights, but can not try to correct anything when landing, so i had to let it land wherever it wants (far) but nice landings. and turning off the auto at landing is a disaster. all the flight has to be done with auto.
what i like of this plane is that its flight is slow. if only i could solve the problem of sudden death in the form of violent, unexpected spins, and being able to correct when landing, as i do with all my planes, i would be happy with it.
i still believe is something wrong with the radio, be transmitter or receiver, or programming.
Your spin is a stall. I discovered this early on that the aircraft will stall quickly when you are flying too slow and if you try and pick up the stalled wing (the low one) with aileron it will enter a spin. Carry a little more speed and you will be fine. Be careful when turning downwind as you will lose airspeed quickly and the risk of a stall is greater. If you are high enough it is possible to recover the spin with opposite rudder and power (power alone often works on this airplane).

When landing keep the speed a little higher until you flair just prior to touchdown. A bit like a real aircraft basically!
elmattbo is offline Find More Posts by elmattbo
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:19 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,765 Posts
program

if you see the next post of the 1 you mention, you will see that the problem was with the program. see:
post 813: checking rates
decided to check sensitivity rates, and was surprised to see that were too high. 1 of them was 100%, and the others not too far from that.
don't know how this happened. maybe when i was fiddling with the button that also turns the camera on and off in flight,
anyway, i lowered them to 60%, which is the lowest it allowed me, and went to the park again.
some wind, but not too much. but now the plane behaves as i read all over the forum.
still in 1 flight at a time it did not respond to right turn, but that may be a matter of playing with the trims. what i like most of it is that flies slowly.
a happy ending, after all.
now to wait for the larger (850) packs and have more flight time.

thanks anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Carshalton
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Tx current draw and battery us able time.

Quote:
the 850 is 17/30/59 and fits tight in the airplane (and that after relocating other components). but for the tx, why not a larger 1?
According to a video about Spyhawk from Troy Build Models a 2s in the Tx draws 300mAh.
I was thinking that two 950mAh battery's paired up would give me at least 4 fours of Tx.
Since a have not flown Spyhawk yet and used the To I have yet to find out how this works in practice.

How much practical use do others get from the battery size they use?
Chris.
KitKite is online now Find More Posts by KitKite
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,765 Posts
how long?

good question. i hope some1 brings light to the subject.
am new to this system, and am using eneloops in the tx and they seem to last forever, but i check their charge now and then.
in other radios like the orange that i use with other planes, it shows the volts and also beeps to warn you if hitting the low voltage that you program, but with this am at loss.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:04 PM
Uruguay, Canelones
Joined Nov 2013
10 Posts
goggles

Anyone know if these goggles (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...itor_kit_.html) can be connected live on the station of the spy hawk?
I need something more?
thanks!
Cuchivasrt is offline Find More Posts by Cuchivasrt
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:37 PM
Joined Aug 2014
19 Posts
av cables,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchivasrt View Post
Anyone know if these goggles (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...itor_kit_.html) can be connected live on the station of the spy hawk?
I need something more?
thanks!
At the least you will need some av cables to run out from your tx to connect to those female leads coming off those goggles. Sorry I own the fatshark combo and don't have the TX with the screen, so I cant tell you if it will work, or what kind of av cables you need... I go video out from goggles to my 17in laptop screen with an easycap av to usb device.
Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Yes this is posible but you havo to find video output schematics and make a cable from tx to goggles.
EimantasM is online now Find More Posts by EimantasM
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM
Uruguay, Canelones
Joined Nov 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EimantasM View Post
Yes this is posible but you havo to find video output schematics and make a cable from tx to goggles.
Last night I tried the video output connector (pink) with my HD TV home and it worked.
I believe donīt need anything more that the AV cable.

Cheers,
Cuchivasrt is offline Find More Posts by Cuchivasrt
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
How level is (was) your board?

I have been doing pre first flight checks and trim. I have also been following the setup as in the Troy Built Models Setup PDF file from this page.
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/SPYHAWKFPVV3.html
Click on the Manual tab. Then Its the third link which will take you to a PDF file called SPYHAWK FPV-SETUP.PDF

I have found the auto levelling system is out that the wings are some 10-15 degrees out from horizontal.

Has anyone had problems with the auto level board not correctly set to level?
How did they fix it?
Did anyone bother?

Chris.
Old Today, 02:17 AM
Joined Aug 2014
19 Posts
Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKite View Post
I have been doing pre first flight checks and trim. I have also been following the setup as in the Troy Built Models Setup PDF file from this page.
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/SPYHAWKFPVV3.html
Click on the Manual tab. Then Its the third link which will take you to a PDF file called SPYHAWK FPV-SETUP.PDF

I have found the auto levelling system is out that the wings are some 10-15 degrees out from horizontal.

Has anyone had problems with the auto level board not correctly set to level?
How did they fix it?
Did anyone bother?

Chris.
I would suggest to power your plane on with it 15 degrees in the opposite direction, might be a quick fix. Cheers.
Old Today, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Does the Spyhawk Auto levelling work like that?
I thought that the board level determined plane level. ie If the board is not fixed into the planes body correct it will permently be out of level.
I understood that the board is not recalibrated when binding. Had I got this wrong?
Chris.