Old Jul 03, 2003, 09:13 PM
Soil Penetration Tester
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jun 2003
522 Posts
Another picture

Another picture from tonight's sortie.
rtp70 is offline Find More Posts by rtp70
Last edited by rtp70; Feb 28, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2003, 04:46 AM
Newbury, UK
Joined Aug 2002
671 Posts
Excellent shot's - well done. Focus is great, as is balance (your whitewashed house isn't so bad - can't be helped. )
Post a pic showing how you've got your camera mounted on your slow stick please! By the way - which camera are you using?

Later,
Texy
Texy is offline Find More Posts by Texy
Old Jul 04, 2003, 06:55 AM
Soil Penetration Tester
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jun 2003
522 Posts
Hi Texy,
Thanks for comments. The camera is the Aiptek Mini PenCam 1.3 Mega. My camera in mounted with velcro and a tiewrap under the battery. The piece of wood you see between the camera and the battery is a piece of tapered aileron balsa stock I added to give the camera a slight down angle. This way I can cut the motor and level the wings and get a decent shot. The key so far has been cutting the throttle prior to snapping the picture. The camera is equipped with a switch from WildMoose and it makes the process a whole lot easier. I tried the servo mounted to the camera routine and it worked but you have to remember to keep taking pictures before the 60 second auto shutoff kicks in.

Rick
rtp70 is offline Find More Posts by rtp70
Last edited by rtp70; Feb 28, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2003, 09:44 AM
Newbury, UK
Joined Aug 2002
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rtp70
Hi Texy,
The camera is equipped with a switch from WildMoose and it makes the process a whole lot easier. I tried the servo mounted to the camera routine and it worked but you have to remember to keep taking pictures before the 60 second auto shutoff kicks in.

Rick
I,m more or less the same setup, but I designed my own PIC controller. I power the aiptek from the BEC, so that doesn't need batteries either. I,ve yet to have a successfull flight with my ss however, maybe this weekend, weather permitting.
Your mount is well cool - I must get some velcro
In the right place as far as CG is concerned as well
Later..
Texy
Texy is offline Find More Posts by Texy