Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 03, 2002, 04:52 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
SEFF Thank you note

I wanted to offer a belated “Thank you” to the organizers and volunteers who put together a fantastic weekend at the SEFF fun fly in Atlanta. I left on a business trip immediately after the event and am just now catching up on the Ezone traffic about all the fun. I can tell you this for sure; they don’t need to make any excuses about this being their first time hosting such an event. It was obvious they spent a lot of time putting the fly-in together. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and felt very much at home as soon as we got there. The weather was not perfect but fortunately the rain never lasted more than a few minutes and then the sun came back out again. Like everyone else, I put a lot of names to faces and got to chat with many old acquaintances. Several of the vendors had huge displays of goods showing the effort they put forth to be there. It’s not easy taking your shop on the road. The facilities layout worked nicely with the separate slow fly area and plenty of room both in the sky and in the pits for all the planes. I could have used a little bit wider runway for the Nimbus but I did manage to keep it on the Astroturf on my last flight at Sunday’s demo time. Radio impound was very smooth. I had multiple radios on several channels which usually confuses most TX impound crews but not these guys (and gals). The rain Saturday night curtailed the planned “night flight to music” that the local club had planned but it didn’t stop me from flying in the drizzle with my T-33. That was a blast. All three days were filled with flying, talking and checking out all the planes. There were certainly some beauties there.
Again, thanks to all for a great weekend. It’s a lot of work and you did a great job.
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
to remove ads between posts