Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:35 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
New Product
Current project in the Havoc Hanger. RedWingRC MX2 30cc

Received this new plane last tuesday and am now working on getting it assembled.

This is a new plane brought to you by the folks at EG Aircraft and RedWingRC.com

http://redwingrc.com/

http://redwingrc.com/planes/mx2.html

MX2 28cc to 30cc plane
Specifications:
Wingspan 73"
Wingarea 1025 sq in (66sq dm)
Length 68"
Flying weight 9.5 to 10lbs TRUE AUW!
(with gas set up, Tim's test plane came to 9.7lbs WITH spinner wheel pants EVERYTHING!)
Engine 26cc to 30cc gas
Radio 6ch

Carbon Fiber wing tube
Carbon Fiber tail landing gear
pinned hinges on all moving surfaces. Ailerons factory mounted, hinged, glued etc.
Rudder and elevator hinged sections are not glued on by the factory since you have to install these.

Get this!
The Pull Pull cables have already been installed by the factory. The rudder links are pre installed and the cable has been pre crimped so just bolt them on to the rudder horns
The servo side of the pull pull cable is setup so that all you have to do is install the servo and its arm, and then adjust the length of the cable and crimp!

Having the pull pull cables and hardware pre installed saves about an hour or two's worth of work. I personally hate running pull pull cables and installing the hardware. This is a very nice step that the factory has already taken care of!

When I saw an MX2 coming out in Red, I had to have one. Been in contact with Tim Pastor, the owner of Redwingrc, for a couple of months now and had eagerly awaited the arrival of his new kits.

This plane will be my 7th kit from the folks at EG Aircraft and I have to say that I am very impressed with the build, covering and flying qualities of what is being produced by EG.
Simply ahead of the game for scale aerobat/3d machines.

If you are planning on a 26% or larger plane, you really owe it to yourself to have a look at what EG Aircraft is making for the modelling community.

Redwingrc's lineup of EG produced aircraft incorporate some very nice features not found on typical aircraft in this price range!

I've seen many many kits pass through my garage in the $269 to $350 price range. MANY of those kits were much smaller than this MX2.
It amazes me, simply amazes me that there are manufacturers and resellers out there who want nearly $300 for a sub 60" plane.

You can have a very well constructed EG Aircraft / redwingrc 26% plane for about $325.

Tim also received his shipment of 30cc and 50cc Sbach 342's as well as the Pitts Python 50cc biplane. Oh what a beaut that one is!

http://redwingrc.com/planes/sbach.html

http://redwingrc.com/planes/pitts.htm

So this thread will extoll the virtues of the new RedWingRC.com 30cc MX2 in the FAGEN Ethanol scheme

Here is a couple pics of the plane to get things rolling.

Stay tuned for build info including pics, suggestions, power plant info, etc.

Oh, and I have come to REALLY love the internal cowl ring that EG Aircraft uses. No visible external screws.

Here is an MX2 introductory video by Tim Pastor, owner of Redwingrc.com
Meet the REDWING MX2 - 30cc mx2 rc plane (6 min 15 sec)

and a flying video

http://redwingrc.com/video/mx2vid.html
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Aug 23, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:20 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Be careful with my plane. Looks good so far.

Subscribed!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Hi cryhavoc38.
I received this beauty last week from doonki models (http://www.doonki.com).
Excellent service in Europe (and world wide).
Super model! The only thing I am going to replace is the main LG. I found a carbon one and I am going to put an order.
I will use:
DLE-30 30cc (New Version) (http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9675)
Smart fly super reg (from TBM)
Wike R/C Products IBEF Ignition Battery Eliminating Filter - For UNREGULATED LiPoly (from TBM)
Power HD V56g/8.5kg/.12sec (2 for elev, 2 for ail and perhaps the same for throttle) (http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9623)
Power HD Fast Digital Metal Gear Servo 56g for rudder (http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9622).
SWB 1.25" and 3" Arms for Futaba.
No many things to post, since I think it needs nothing more then follow the manual.
Happy building.
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:36 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,173 Posts
Redwingrc is at $349-$359, no carbon gear. Pilot RC is at $399 with carbon gear, so close to the same? 3DHS 72 SHP is $439. Others are in the same price range. It does seem redwingrc has very reasonable shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Received this new plane last tuesday and am now working on getting it assembled.

You can have a very well constructed EG Aircraft / redwingrc 26% plane for about $325.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:15 PM
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Nov 2009
17 Posts
Hey guys I'm a sponsored pilot for redwingrc if you guys are interested in a mx2 contact me and I can give you a link to a special price page for it. !
bradywatt23 is online now Find More Posts by bradywatt23
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:49 PM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Got my servo's ordered today from hobbycity since valuehobby doesn't carry the Power HD DS090m's.

Ordered them about 2pm pacific and just received my shipping notice.

I've got the Infinite 5020-250 motor and a Castle Ice 75 ready to go.
This one is going to be on 8s so it should be a vert monster.

Been spending time working on this one and my EG 50cc gasser, but I should have the motor mounted up tomorrow if all goes well.

There was a manufacturing defect on the wing (one aileron hinge was wonky), easily repairable but Tim insisted that he send out a replacement wing.

Excellent customer service!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:28 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,489 Posts
Quote:
wonky
Its catching on LOL

This plane is beautiful. I look forward to seeing it fly.
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:54 AM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Is my plane built yet?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Is my plane built yet?
working on it!

Put some time into the build amongst getting ready for a wedding and two weeks away, and of course some flying time with the buddies.

Got the motor installed, and tomorrow I will be installing the Castle Ice 75 and the Power HD DS090M servo's.

Won't have this ready to fly until I get back at the beginning of October, but she's coming along nicely now.

Getting the brushless motor installed just right so that it has as little of gap between the spinner back plate and the cowl, plus being centered takes a bit of time...measure twice, cut once as the saying goes.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:32 AM
Joined Sep 2010
88 Posts
Havoc I just saw this plane after I purchased the MXS. I started a build thread and I just commented that I thought this was an awesome plane to get for a few more dollars because of all the Quick build features that it has. The robart style hinges are wonderful as well. I also like the control horns are the double truss kind that are pre sloted so a goof up like me can totally put this plane together. Best of all the videos by Tim are awesome. this will make many guys who hate to put planes together but love to fly very happy. I personally am not a good builder, but when I watched all of Tims videos I knew that I could put this plane together easily, as a matter of fact I might sell my plane and order this one, i think I like it better....Green MXS anyone???
Billynapkin is offline Find More Posts by Billynapkin
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:12 PM
St. Louis
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Hey guys, Just dropping into the thread, I also have one of the Redwing MX2's mine is done and I've got about 12 flights on it so far. I also have some video that I got last week...

Redwing RC MX2 30cc (5 min 30 sec)
T3beatz is offline Find More Posts by T3beatz
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:29 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Nice flying!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:42 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Hey T3beatz, is that you doing the 50cc sbach assembly video?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:05 AM
St. Louis
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Yep, It's also a great plane, easy to assemble and flies on rails!
T3beatz is offline Find More Posts by T3beatz
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:19 AM
Joined Sep 2010
88 Posts
Getting motor installed correctly

Quote:
working on it!

Put some time into the build amongst getting ready for a wedding and two weeks away, and of course some flying time with the buddies.

Got the motor installed, and tomorrow I will be installing the Castle Ice 75 and the Power HD DS090M servo's.

Won't have this ready to fly until I get back at the beginning of October, but she's coming along nicely now.

Getting the brushless motor installed just right so that it has as little of gap between the spinner back plate and the cowl, plus being centered takes a bit of time...measure twice, cut once as the saying goes.
Fellas, How do I mount my motor correctly on the firewall, I have a Hacker A6022s, do I just eyeball it and line the shaft up with the hole in the middle (center line, and just mount my screws
Billynapkin is offline Find More Posts by Billynapkin