HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
United States, DE, Newark
Joined May 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
Unfortunately, they also set all the protection bits in the 'fuse' settings that prevent you reading the EEPROM (model memories).
Strange thing to do. Have they made the modified firmware available per the er9X software license? I could see setting some of those bits if you were trying to protect your proprietary firmware, but they can't really (legally) do that if it's based on er9X (GPL 2).
iksbob is offline Find More Posts by iksbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksbob View Post
Strange thing to do. Have they made the modified firmware available per the er9X software license? I could see setting some of those bits if you were trying to protect your proprietary firmware, but they can't really (legally) do that if it's based on er9X (GPL 2).
After a while they did. I just don't know why they protected the EEPROM.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
815 Posts
Okay... I realize this is NOT a Firmware/Software issue, but this is the only thread I could find that is still active with the 9x Classic.

I'm looking to sell my fully Modded 9x, and I'm looking for advice on a reasonable price. I want to get what it's worth, but not hose myself or the buyer; and I'm looking to sell reasonably quickly, so I'm putting out a feeler post.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IN THREAD; PLEASE PM ME. I Don't want to clutter the thread up with lots of posts related to this.

It has the following features:

Antenna Stub Capped for neater appearance

HK Blue LED Backlight w/2X LEDS for more brightness

ALL tactile switches replaced with name-brand switches for better response

USBasp port in Battery Compartment

Software Control Backlight Mod

Piezo Speaker/Haptic Mod

Internal Bluetooth Telemetry (Can be disabled via Jumper) for FRSLogger / FRSKy Dashboard App; provides large touch-screen interface, Telemetry Logging, Voice Annunciation and Alerts and Real-time Location on Google Maps when used with GPS-Equipped Model and Internet-enabled Android Phone/Tablet

FRSky Telemetry Mod w/Buffered 3.3V Data (Allows simultaneous use of BT, Internal & External Telemetry Displays)

FRSky Module and Android Tablet shown NOT INCLUDED

Good, used HK 3S TX Pack INCLUDED
USBasp INCLUDED
ORX DSM2/DSMX TX Module INCLUDED

Shipped Double-boxed in original 9X TX Box

Mods -

I intend to post a complete advertisement shortly in the Classifieds, once I have some idea what it's worth and have more pics and details.

If you have to move this post, I understand. I couldn't find any other thread that's still active with this older TX, and wanted to get the attention of those who would be interested in it.

Thank you for your patience,

mnem
*This space for rent*
mnemennth is online now Find More Posts by mnemennth
Last edited by mnemennth; Yesterday at 08:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Joined Sep 2013
18 Posts
9xr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
Are you using the firmware that came with the 9XR? Or have you upgraded it?

The original firmware is er9x, slightly modified by HK. Unfortunately, they also set all the protection bits in the 'fuse' settings that prevent you reading the EEPROM (model memories).

I can't remember when I added full support for PXX, but it is in the latest revision of er9x.

Do you have a programmer (USBASP?)?

Mike.
thanks for the answer back, Mike. Yes my 9xr has the stock HK firmware. my brother has a programmer that he will bring me next weekend and we will flash it. I only have 2 models in it right now and they are really simple, so I'm not worried about overwriting them. I'm not sure what you mean by the fuse settings, but if the new firmware will allow me to use PXX and bind 2 rx's to get 16ch, i will be happy
Thanks again
Ken
KennyMc is online now Find More Posts by KennyMc