Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
Yippee!
Team Edge RC motor setups?

Which one should I buy? Settings I should use? I'm afraid to ask the guy down the way from me who races with you guys. He was the one who told me to order my kart with the wrong tires.

Mr.Fixit
Mr.Fixit is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Fixit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Whats in your fridge?
Joined Dec 2010
79 Posts
B is what you need. Aren't you running a sealed can motor or did you go brushless?

KidIce
kidice is offline Find More Posts by kidice
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:23 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
I have the modified settings if you can't get a hold of anyone at Team Edge RC. Don't go advancing the timing or punch to the max. A tip from someone who races the karts unlike your friend you found locally who offers you the wrong advice

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
Sorry I miss read your posting Fixit. I thought you had it already. Go with what Kid suggested. Hes trustworthy. He's been racing rc since he was in diapers. Uh that was last year!

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaCuda View Post
I have the modified settings if you can't get a hold of anyone at Team Edge RC. Don't go advancing the timing or punch to the max. A tip from someone who races the karts unlike your friend you found locally who offers you the wrong advice

Gottacuda

+1 Gary

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
Everyones told you right. B it is bro. Seems they've given you the right tips to. Most of us adjust the punch and timing at the track. You can setup up your own straight for the correct settings. You want to allow your motor to top out at about the 40 foot mark. If it winds out before then add more timing. As everyone said don't go crazy with the timing and punch. Its all about driving what you can control on the tracks and the tracks can technical.

JB'
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
No its a brushless motor and esc. I'm also using a 2.4 radio with a cap as suggested in another posting. My esc already has one installed. If I need to make adjustments once my card arrives how long should I make my faux straight? 40 or 50 feet? 40 doesn't sound long in my opinion.

Mr. Fixit
Mr.Fixit is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Fixit
Old Jan 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
You can also adjust it without the card but it takes time to get use to. When I raced offroad we were able to use usb ports so no card was required. A laptop had to be brought to the track and it got old quick due to traction factors With the tiny card it frees up your tote and makes things much easier to dial in.

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:20 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Fixit? Did you buy your card? If not I have serveral dealers I can direct you to. They run around 8-10.00 pretty cheap for what it does.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:51 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
I bought mine for 5 off Ebay plus shipping

Craig
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:44 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Fixit did you get your card?

Woody? how did the re adjustments go since you got your card now? Brake no brake? drag? tiiming?

Robert
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
Got the card from the source you suggested and it works great. Have set up mine and Don's karts. Ran them yesterday at the park and they were hooking up pretty good. Going to be a fun summer.

WoodyT
larc is offline Find More Posts by larc
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:46 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Sounds great Woody glad to hear they hooked up as they should. Once the steering and endpoints are turned down you'll be set to race. Maybe a little esc card adjustment to your liking may be needed to.

Robert
Old Feb 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Ok Robert true to a degree but changes must be made due to variables and each tracks layout right? Don't you agree?

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
I find I don't mess with my esc. I might add more punch and reduce timing for shorter tracks yet I find its not much difference to me.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty