Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Apr 2008
26 Posts
Discussion
WOT 4 SPEKTRUM 6110e

Hi,

Ive been flying for a couple of years, have several planes & Helis, UMX Beast, Park Fliers, Balde 400 and a few others.

Purchased a Wot 4 Foam yesetrday and was sold a Spektrum 6110e to use with it and also a 2200 battery.

I also used my DX6i - which has been fine with my other planes etc.

First 4 or 5 flights throughout the day not a problem with nice flying characteristics and plenty of punch when required - keeping the plane within a couple of hundred feet of myself.

Last flight of the day 2-3 minutes into the flight, the plane banked to the left and nose dived into the ground snapped in two, wings and tail broken & motor defunkt. I will add that this was not pilot error it just took on a mind of its own and was unresponsive........

Possibly a long shot, but has anyone had any similar experiences with similar gear ?

Any idea of the likelyhood of getting replacement from my LHS ?

Not chuffed as it is all bin material

Cheers Graham
grezmel is offline Find More Posts by grezmel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:18 AM
London U.K
Joined Jan 2010
61 Posts
Ive got a 6110e in my clouds fly and had no problems been using it for about a year now. got nearly the same setup as the wot4 (4 x HXT 9g servos 30amp hobbywing esc). did you get a brown out?.
mookieman is offline Find More Posts by mookieman
Old Mar 01, 2011, 11:10 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grezmel View Post
Hi,

Ive been flying for a couple of years, have several planes & Helis, UMX Beast, Park Fliers, Balde 400 and a few others.

Purchased a Wot 4 Foam yesetrday and was sold a Spektrum 6110e to use with it and also a 2200 battery.

I also used my DX6i - which has been fine with my other planes etc.

First 4 or 5 flights throughout the day not a problem with nice flying characteristics and plenty of punch when required - keeping the plane within a couple of hundred feet of myself.

Last flight of the day 2-3 minutes into the flight, the plane banked to the left and nose dived into the ground snapped in two, wings and tail broken & motor defunkt. I will add that this was not pilot error it just took on a mind of its own and was unresponsive........

Possibly a long shot, but has anyone had any similar experiences with similar gear ?

Any idea of the likelyhood of getting replacement from my LHS ?

Not chuffed as it is all bin material

Cheers Graham
Graham,
It's very unlikely that the AR6110e was to blame... the 6110e is a popular Rx and assuming your ESC was supplying enough power, the radio link is very reliable. Do you remember if the LED was blinking on the Rx when you picked up the wrekge of your plane?

Probably a dumb question... but was your pack overly discharged by and chance? If your LVC on your ESC wasn't set right, it's possible to imagine that you dropped below the miniumum voltage to keep the Rx running.

Interference is unlikely but were there other 2.4Ghz pilots flying at the same time... or Were there other sources of 2.4ghz interference near by?

Have you tried powering up the plane since? How did it behave? Does the Rx connect normally? What color is the LED?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX