HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
Very thoughtful Richard
I just thought it was fairly apparant that the new "computer "type rx (2.4) needed proper power or they quit.
our models often shake - or block signals or ask for more power than seems apparant to some users - and they blame the rx.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:35 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
With 2.4, voltage is more critical.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
A more positive review of the AR5OO here.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:15 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
939 Posts
Quote:
While I haven't yet peeled the Spektrum stickers off my remaining models, I'm doing some experimenting with XPS and am interested to see what their TattleTale reveals.

I use a product called voltmagic which from what I quickly read does the same as the tattletale plus shows any over voltage should a regulator be going, and gives you a reliable fuel gauge even with those A123 batterys which is why I original bought it. Has worked very well for me. More money then the tattletale though.

http://www.voltmagic.com/

Bought from hangtimes http://www.hangtimes.com/

Also if you go to any big fun fly's you could leave the Spektrum stickers on, as good as any anti theft device i could think of.
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:47 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post

Also if you go to any big fun fly's you could leave the Spektrum stickers on, as good as any anti theft device i could think of.
That is funny.
CiprianGugu is offline Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
It's very strange that many hobby shops carry very little but Spektrum and a few refuse to carry Spektrum at all.

Once, I visited one like the former and the owner pointed to a wall of ARFs and said, "I can fly any one of those with a Spektrum set, and only one with a Futaba."

The second shop was more of a traditional modeler's shop and the reasons given for not carrying the brand would be familiar to the hecklers here. Does this mean that Spektrum is the toy brand and the others are for more serious modelers? I don't know but sewing up the bind and fly sector was a brilliant way of establishing their early dominance in 2.4

How long will they maintain this advantage?

As the 2.4 band gets more and more saturated, we may regret abandoning 72mhz. Already, people are suggesting that we would have been better off adopting 900mhz as a compromise between the two systems.
Last edited by RyanNX211; Feb 23, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:03 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
@ RyanNX211 - What LHS onwers decide to carry is up to them for the most part and if one doesn't want to sell SPK then thats his thing if he wants to not sell something that normaly sells like crazy.

I am not making this up others can confirm, my LHS and most of there higher up staff fly FUT and when I went in looking to upgrade from my DX6i guess what they were pushing for. But in the end I bought what was right for ME and thats the only thing that counts.

I am getting to be good friends with one of them and guess what he told me the other day. The have a hard time keeping my radio in stock cause it's always selling out but yet there favorite brand sits on the shelf.

If they don't sell what you are looking for then I hope your lucky enough to have other places to shop. Sure glad I do.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:57 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
Well put
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if Spek gave some sort of incentive for carrying their products as well. They are marketing genius'

Most distributorship agreements(if there is one, and there usually is), have to sell X amount of units or dollars in order to remain a distributor.
Otherwise, anybody could spend the few dollars to Incorporate and create a hobby shop out of their house getting dealer pricing. It has been done before.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
Quote:
...As the 2.4 band gets more and more saturated, we may regret abandoning 72mhz. Already, people are suggesting that we would have been better off adopting 900mhz as a compromise between the two systems.
Ryan,

The reason 900MHz wasn't chosen is because it isn't legal in all countries, this would have dented the market for such a system. Why only be able to sell in one or a few countries when you can have the whole world.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Cheaper for them to replace then fix these small electronics.
A tough read when a poster can't quite distinguish the difference between 'then' and 'than'. As a result it changes the context dramatically and the poster ends up stating just the opposite of which he intends, all without ever realizing.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post
A tough read when a poster can't quite distinguish the difference between 'then' and 'than'. As a result it changes the context dramatically and the poster ends up stating just the opposite of which he intends, all without ever realizing.
What is really a tough read is when a poster like you has nothing good to post in regards to the thread topic and decides he's going to be forum GRAMMAR POLICE.

This is also called TROLLING.
Quote:
Trolling (Provocation) The post contains content which is designed to elicit an emotional response from other users
English isn't everybody's first language and so whatever spell check doesn't catch gets posted anyways. Everybody else understood what was being said two weeks & 50 some odd posts ago.

PS: You're first post in this thread and it has to be about making fun of someone's grammar skills, very nice
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:24 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
There are fewer grammatical errors in your reply, Freechip. I would like to take this opportunity to praise your effort to improve, many wouldn't bother.

You get a smile
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
Now, you too can get free receivers!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,117 Posts
Where a switch allowing you to use lipos ? Oopps , they forgot something .
MikeMcChiken is offline Find More Posts by MikeMcChiken