SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I see alot of people are ordering from a company named Bang Good. Sounds like a fictitious name straight out of a Austin Powers movie.
All joking aside, is the the best place to pick up one of these ?
Yea, I think most of this thread has folks who've been happy in the end. One of the guys from banggood even chimed into this thread a few times (Aaron).

The best part with banggood is that they have free shipping! Makes a good deal if you order a part for $1.99 They take paypal too.
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:37 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habeas Heli View Post
I think they still have the best price anywhere. Only thing is that it will take some time to get it now that Chinese New Year is going on, plus it takes ~2 weeks to ship over. If you're not in a hurry, I'd buy from Bang good. They take PayPal too ... which is nice.

Notice that they carry both colors now ... black or white.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...r-p-36779.html
Just might do it. For the price of a couple of V120D01 servos, you get a RTF 4 channel heli.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:40 AM
Crash Dummy
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2011
70 Posts
I finally got my hands on my v911 yesterday. I'm quite impressed with it for $40.
I have a significant amount of right roll that i've had to trim out, i'll be adjusting it mechanically once i get a little more time to get familiar with the handling. However I am not experiencing any TBE, Rx, or any of the other previously mentioned issues. I think I lucked out and got a good incarnation of this heli.

I was flying this heli around the office today on my lunch break, Aaron i think you can expect about 4 orders for the v911 from san diego

I had one swash plate separation after a crash, lost my orientation and rolled right into the wall.

I got impatient and tried flying it at night about 30 minutes ago, the wind took it up high and I lost sight of it. I was in my front street and i didn't want it to hit a neighbors car so i reduced the throttle to about 10% and after a couple seconds I heard it land with a nice solid Thwack about 30 meters away. No damage that I can find and she still flies well, I'll definitely not be doing that again :P

This is such a fun heli, I feel this was an excellent choice for my step into the 4ch realm. One thing I would like to do is desolder the connections on the Rx and solder on connectors to make future repairs or part swapping easier. I think it will be quite some time before I outgrow the limits of this particular bird.
r6_cannibal is offline Find More Posts by r6_cannibal
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I see alot of people are ordering from a company named Bang Good. Sounds like a fictitious name straight out of a Austin Powers movie.
All joking aside, is the the best place to pick up one of these ?
The price is the best - for now. Probably it'll be some delay with delivering because "Spring" Holiday - China New Year
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:10 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,623 Posts
@r6_cannibal: Evan and I just met and was just talking about you. It was cold outside and I feel the wind you were talking about. I flew my two battery I have for it. Fun little heli.

Glad you hear you're getting along with it well.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:40 AM
Crash Dummy
Joined Dec 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@r6_cannibal: Evan and I just met and was just talking about you. It was cold outside and I feel the wind you were talking about. I flew my two battery I have for it. Fun little heli.

Glad you hear you're getting along with it well.
Yeah we're really getting to know each other

How did it go with your heli?

I backed the car out of the garage and was flying around in there, after a seemingly minor crash i've now come down with a case of TBE. I checked for binding and the flybar seems to be rather stiff when i try to move it. I tried loosening the screw that holds the flybar. then removed the screw entirely to lift off the flybar, something in the blades or linkage is causing the binding.

I'm going to work poke at it a little more to see what's up with it and search on here to see if I might be able to find other accounts, i'll report back with what I find as well.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:43 AM
Crash Dummy
Joined Dec 2011
70 Posts
The binding was caused by one of the links on the flybar. it had popped in too far and was sitting on the shaft of the flybar and causing friction by pressing against the ball that the link is supposed to sit on. As soon as I looked at the head with some proper lighting I spotted it right away.
I was hoping for something a little more involved than that and brought in some tools and lubricant, so I took the head apart anyway and hit up the ball bearings and sleeve bearings with some triflow as well as all the linkages.
The heli is all buttoned up and ready to fly.

Hopefully I'll get a test flight in before work in the morning

edit: for those interested the board says version 4 on it, I forgot to check for a date though
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:45 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1326 View Post
Do you have the configuration file for the v911 posted to load into ER9X? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
I wasn't aware you can upload/download configuration files from/to the ER9X. That would be great! Do you have a link to how its done, I can then post the config file.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:11 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
You could use small pieces of insulation from electrical wire for canopy o rings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Good idea ... I'm gonna try that.
I scrounged around my junk wire supply and found some old test leads that seemed like the insulation was pretty flexible. Had both black and red wire, and made some homemade 'O-rings" as scotsoft suggested. Went with the red, which looks cool with the red accents ... plus if one pops off in a crash I can tell right away.

Anyone see the other "mod" made to the canopy? Someone made this mod suggestion way back in this thread somewhere.

Also flew it after the swash plate RTV glue job ... and she still flys nice after the surgery.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 20, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:22 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I scrounged around my junk wire supply and found some old test leads that seemed like the insulation was pretty flexible. Had both black and red, and make some homemade 'O-rings" as scotsoft suggested. Went with the red one which look cool with the red accents ... plus if one pops off in a crash I can tell right away.

Anyone see the other "mod" made to the canopy? Someone made this mod suggestion way back in this thread somewhere.

Also flew it after the swash plate RTV glue job ... she she still flys nice after the surgery.
nice copter
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:46 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1326 View Post
Do you have the configuration file for the v911 posted to load into ER9X? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
found it. the eePe EEPROM editor, even includes a simulator so you can configure your remotes models on the PC, even simulate it and then upload or share with others.

am currently at work, but will share my model setup later. this remote becomes better and better
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Re: Nanotech Batteries

There's no need to replace the battery cover for the Turnigy nanotech 160mah for the Trex100 (SKU026090).

What I did is simply cut the side plastic covers with a sharp cutter plier to enable the contacts touch the battery terminals.

Then as per previous post with the Turnigy Nanotech Solo Pro battery, added a tie wire loop to hold the nanotech batteries since they don't have the side edges.
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
my experience told me that xtreme upgrades dont worth it. Maybe the skids for durability. IMHO
I don't have Extreme upgrades for my V911 yet, but....

I installed the Delrin Rotor Head on my SoloProII and it made it "tighter" no more low-speed wobble.. very nice flying.. no more breaking Blade Pins!
I just installed the Extreme Swash and Carbon Flybar... "VERY NICE"
Swash Authority is much better! can Fast change directions in air so easy... and Right turns are fast/easy as Left turns now!

For my SoloPro.... the Extreme parts has transformed this Heli! and I like to fly my SoloPro very much now. Plus... with the Extreme skids, it is also Bullet-Proof!

Money shots of my NEW baby!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Jan 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added pic
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,623 Posts
At the risk of going off topic...

@Mulder_

Thanks for your help via the private message. So I figure I'd point you to the latest programmer. EPEE is the standard. But recently a new program came along that hopes to best it as well as unify the outputted language (XML) between all the firmware.

Companion9x

Check the screenshot. It not only simulate the TX and it's programmed mixes, but it shows the menu as well.

Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,623 Posts
@vpsporb
Thanks for the positive report on the Xtreme upgrades. Nice pictures to boot. I especially like the last one. Good angle.

Could you clear up something for me. On the Xtreme skids, can the battery cage be removed? I thought I see a screw holding it together to the frame. It suggest you can unscrew to remove the battery cage from the skids. Thanks.

BTW, I got the white one also. Is your RX the blue, rev.02 version like mine is? Seems the black heli and spare RX are coming as rev.04.