SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
was mainly worried about landing on the 100ft. pad.
on the videos ive seen, looks like she comes in kinda hot. but i found out on my planes sometimes thats because they are nose heavy. didnt know if that was the issue on the Osiris.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
was mainly worried about landing on the 100ft. pad.
on the videos ive seen, looks like she comes in kinda hot. but i found out on my planes sometimes thats because they are nose heavy. didnt know if that was the issue on the Osiris.
100feet and concrete may be too short, but if your used to it maybe not
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
20+ flights now. I noticed that the roots of the wings are not being held as tight against the fuse as before. They're flush at the front of the wing, but there's a 1/8" or so gap at the rear on both sides. Perhaps the little tab for the screw that secures the wing is wearing a bit. Or is something else going on?

I love landing this plane.

Edit: Here's a picture. The hole in the tab is indeed eroding. I put some epoxy, but why is this happening, I wonder?

I seem to have killed this thread
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
Last edited by Neko; Dec 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
I`ll look at mine and see if mine is doing that...you didn`t kill the thread as its not the most popular...I went and switched mine to the torque motor, but after flying it last weekend I`m starting to think the Omega has power..I gonna fly them back to back and also show that whole cowl deal with everyone interested....
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
agnotology
Joined Jan 2007
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
20+ flights now. I noticed that the roots of the wings are not being held as tight against the fuse as before. They're flush at the front of the wing, but there's a 1/8" or so gap at the rear on both sides. Perhaps the little tab for the screw that secures the wing is wearing a bit. Or is something else going on?

I love landing this plane.

Edit: Here's a picture. The hole in the tab is indeed eroding. I out some epoxy, but why is this happening, I wonder?
I have maybe 100 flights on mine, and the wings are as tight against the fuselage as new. I don't have any erosion of the tabs either.

Do you tighten the screw down with the washer under the head? The compression from the screw on the tab holds my wings in place.

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:07 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
No, I haven't been using a washer. I'll start doing that. I take the wings off between every session (3-4 flights) since it doesn't fit in my car otherwise.
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:01 AM
agnotology
Joined Jan 2007
3,678 Posts
CA the washer to the screw. Tighten the screw down on the tab with the wing tight against the fuse, every time you put the wings on. That is how it is supposed to work. The tab is slotted to allow the wing to be positioned correctly. The screw shouldn't be at the end of the slot.

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,140 Posts
The wings on mine are still tight as ever, but I haven't taken them off since the day I first put it together.
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
i picked up my Osiris at the greyhound station today. WOW nice plane cant wait to fly her. anything i should no before hand? i bought the AJ video to help me out some.

is there any strengthen and durability mods you guys are doing. like CA'n any of the wood, anything for the LG? etc.

i appreciate all the help as this is my first balsa plane.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
would like to hang it in my hobby room like i have my foam planes. but i dont want it to get hangar rash. anybody have any ideas?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
I think this is already put together? I would just go over it and make sure things didn't come loose during shipping. Make sure the pull pull is taut but not too tight etc. Maybe download the manual and just go over it so you understand how it's put together.

You will love this plane!

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
hey Robert! yea its already put together. ive been watching the AJ video but i do need to go over the manual and make sure things havent came loose. sure is a good looking plane. wood looks soooooooooo much better than foam.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:30 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
I hang ll my planes by the LG. Either a picture hook for the tailwheel, or a string that loops around the main LG.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,452 Posts
String around the landing gear works great, cheap and easy
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrinal View Post
I hang ll my planes by the LG. Either a picture hook for the tailwheel, or a string that loops around the main LG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
String around the landing gear works great, cheap and easy
i didnt think about that, thanks fellers.