USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
466 Posts
Help!
Interferance problems, please help!

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't seen my setup, you can see it on my blog here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=4712

Anywhoo, the problem is I re-wired everything for a 1 battery setup and I now have major radio glitching.

To test, I established a baseline distance, before I start experiencing glitches, with the AV system unplugged. Powering up the AV system from the main bat either unfiltered, filtered or even using a separate battery entirely results in major glitches?!

Let me detail the changes.

1. Extended main AV harness about 12 inches so I could put AV TX further back to balance the airframe without the secondary battery.

2. "Injecting" the main power into the AV harness between the AV TX and the camera at the front of the plane. Previously had a main bus where the bat plugged in at the AV TX which the mic and camera pulled power from. So the power only had to travel maybe 8 inches from bat to AV TX and then maybe 18 inches out to the camera and mic. Now the power has to travel from the front of the plane, back to the AV TX, and forward again for the mic (probably near 48 inches). Though the camera is only maybe 12 inches from the "injection" point.

2. Added a PS Filter from DPCAV
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...7&cat=0&page=1
as I had noticeable video interference when I first tested the new setup. The video now looks flawless, but I am still experiencing major radio glitches.

I hope this make sense, I could provide a diagram if needed.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2009, 05:01 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
466 Posts
After an hour of mucking with the setup I have discovered the problem seems to be in the two 24" extensions I use from the AV TX in the rear up to the front mic and camera. If I plug them in using shorter extensions, no problems.

Even plugging power into the long harness without the TX, camera or mic connected to it seems to cause interference?! Weird...

So it seems I can either move the TX forward and use shorter extensions (and thus have to add tail-weight) or figure out how to filter the long extensions.

Any ideas?
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g