New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2015, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by Anomalous
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Oct 2010
175 Posts
Discussion
crack yak mini. what hk motor, servs esc etc.

hi. just bought a crack yak mini. can anyone advise on what motor, esc, servos (and anything else) i need to buy from hk. i usually order from uk warehouse. cheers
Anomalous is offline Find More Posts by Anomalous
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2015, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
4,006 Posts
I don't have that plane or fly anything in that weight class, but I can give you some help with your query.

There's a thread for the plane here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786763

If you use the "search this thread" feature on that thread, you will find various opinions on Hobby King gear on the plane. If that doesn't give you the info you need, you could ask questions on that thread.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jun 08, 2015, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by rcguy1958
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
755 Posts
I own and fly 2 Twisted planes, the 32" crack pitts and the 39" crack edge. Don't skimp on the motor. I tried 3 different motors on the Pitts, all the correct size and weight, and could not get the performance other guys in the thread talked about and showed in videos. Finally broke down and bought the crack series motor for it and it made all the difference in the world. When I purchased my Edge, I ordered the correct motor from them with it and couldn't be happier. I guess if you went with a motrofly or cobra motor in the correct size you'd see the same performance, but you'd spend the same money or more for one of those. as for servos, I'm using Tower pros in my 32" Pitts and Solars in my 39" Edge. What ever servo you choose, make sure it is the recommended size and weight.
Hope that helps and like groovejet recommended, read the thread .
rcguy1958 is online now Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Jun 08, 2015, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by jimbo320
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,820 Posts
Not sure if you can get hold of it any more, but I have the dual sky on my mini CY and it's superb. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jun 11, 2015, 05:00 AM
Find More Posts by Anomalous
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Oct 2010
175 Posts
thanks for the tips. i shall probably save up and get the factory recommended items or buy power package /servos, and keep her light as possible, but just thought id ask the following. i have some blue arrow 5 g servos that i used on a 130x heli project, a 6amp esc, a orange rx and a hp05 motor from my dead micro sukhoi 2s project (also a motor from my old 2s skeleton yak which had 50g flying weight). would any of these be any good on the yak mini.

i have built the yak airframe now. really nice looking little plane.
Anomalous is offline Find More Posts by Anomalous
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,529 Posts
Twisted 2202 14g motor would work great.
ROLLING CIRCLE is online now Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member