New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by Willsonman
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,797 Posts
Awesome stuff! Glad he could pitch in. I hope he can hop in here and give some more specifics on what was done so others can learn. The larger electrics are a new breed and I, for one, would greatly appreciate technical details.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
3,227 Posts
Glad you got your esc sorted out, nothing will destroy it quicker than settings that don't work for the system! I've found that SK3 motors always prefer 12khz Pwm rates and at least medium timing. They almost always want a hard start, something that's adjustable on CC Esc's and maybe your YEP. I currently use 52% start power, motors seem to need this shunt at low speeds especially with larger, multiblade props.
Hope you get to fly her, but if not comfortable, waiting is good! Have fun!! Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Apr 24, 2015, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by J Morgan
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
25,620 Posts
Well, more drama with the Beast power system today. All turned out well but it was in doubt for awhile. Too tired to go through it all tonight, will explain tomorrow.

WN
Good idea. I will discuss with Birger and ask him to come on here and explain.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:15 AM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Well, more drama with the Beast power system today. All turned out well but it was in doubt for awhile. Too tired to go through it all tonight, will explain tomorrow.

WN
Good idea. I will discuss with Birger and ask him to come on here and explain.

J
No discussion necessary, when I get back home to my computer and a real keyboard I will write up a shopsis of what we did.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2015, 04:30 AM
Find More Posts by J Morgan
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
25,620 Posts
That would be great Birger.
Guys, can't even begin to describe how much help Birger has been. And he comes as a twofer with is good friend Dean, also a lot of help. Had I been back at the shop by myself I would have NEVER gotten this figured out. And I mean never! He has given a lot of his flying time to work on the Beast. I can thank him all day but will never be able to convey how much it means to me. And believe it or not, this old dog has actually learned something. At least I think I have.
Plus he maidened the A5M Claude for me. What a nice guy.

The Beast made the trip, will not fly, but I have confidence now that it can without any problems. That in itself is a victory.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
3,227 Posts
The YEP Esc programming system is the most complicated I've ever seen, offering all kinds of options, some are used on airplanes, others are strickly heli. You must be certain all the heli stuff is either inactive or shut off when you get your new esc.
I've seen a short video on youtube that describes most, but not all settings for airplane mode.
I believe the system is capable of confusing itself as well as us hehe. I'll be looking forward to the synopsis.
I guess that why I like the CC 110HV unit I have, it came with pamphlets describing the workings, you can go on the Castle link, use their demo mode to see how and where it changes things. It also explains in further detail what each setting does. If your still stuck, I've got answers directly from CC in good time. The YEP appears to be a very good Esc, its the details not explained that have kept me from trying one. Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley